Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Tender Spot Tension

You've probably heard that people have places where they hold their tension.
Like in their feet, their stomach, their hands, their shoulders. Basically, anywhere could be a tension point for someone.
Where if they get stressed out, the muscles there knot, they get tense, they ache, it causes pain.

Well, for me I tend to hold tension in my shoulders. Kinda into the neck area.
Which means it's rather easy for me to get headaches, just from having everything so tight there.

It's been odd. The past couple of days, I've gotten this bad headache about an hour before work ends. To the point where I feel kinda sick to my stomach. One so bad that if I moved my head at all, it would result in pain. Like my brain would be wobbly and hitting against the skull pain. *shrugs* Who knows. Maybe it was like my version of getting sick. (It's that time of season for everyone at work.)
But in any case.
My muscles were so tense.
So tight.
That not even a heat pack could relax them.
Not even taking meds could help them.

No, I needed a massage.
And thankfully Kikay was nearby to help relax some of my muscles down.

But what was interesting though,
as she followed the pools of tension/energy in her quest to relax all my muscles down.
She hit on this really tender spot.
 On the arm part of my shoulder. Like two inches down from the top of the shoulder. It was like she touched a really bad sun burn there. Though my skin was fine, no burns, bruises or anything. Yet touching that spot. OW! Seriously pain. Who knew a spot could hurt so badly?
I certainly didn't. And the area remains a bit tender.
O.o A random spot for tension to pool. It wasn't even my dominate hand/arm that held the tension. No it was the other arm. O.o So weird. so tender, for a couple of days it was painful to lean on it, sleep on it. Definitely something I haven't experienced before.
But thankfully, the headache went away.
Who knows why it was there in the first place.
But I'm glad it's gone. :)

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment