Friday, November 14, 2014

Self Diagnoses

It didn't seem like much when I noticed a rough patch of skin on my cheek.
Flaky, reddish. Could have just been another breakout.
Since I'd been having those elsewhere on my face.
But...the looks of it had me worried.
This reddish circular patch....I was sure I'd seen something similar to it before.
On my hand.
When I'd gotten ringworm there a while back.
As it started out about the same way. Red circular patch.
But why would it be on my face?
It didn't seem like a likely spot.
But then I remembered....how many animals I see in a work day.
How some of them could have been brought up to my face, or I touched one then touched my face.

So it was a worrisome problem for me....was it ringworm....or was it something else?
I could wait and see...see if it got worse or went away.
But I didn't want to risk it, didn't want to see the doctor again and have him say what I already knew.

It didn't seem to be getting any better in any case, it hadn't yet gotten bigger.
And I was going to prevent it from getting bigger.
As you see, I still had some of the cream from the last time I had a case of ringworm left over.
So I used that.
And
I'm pretty sure it was ringworm.
Similar things happened.
After a few days, the skin there got really sensitive and itchy, like a mosquito bite. If I accidentally scratched that area of my cheek...it would flare up. Totally irritating.

But also like last time.
The red skin faded away.
And no longer itches.

Yay for self diagnoses!! :D
>.>
Hopefully I don't get it again.
But at least this time, no one noticed or commented on it. ;) They probably assumed it was something completely different, which is great. Because it would have been difficult to hide it otherwise. :S

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment