Friday, November 21, 2014

I want 'Color!'

So there I was,
Unbagging fish.
When I heard the call for me to go help a customer....
at fish.

I looked around in confusion.
Why would someone page me to be at the fish....when I was already at the fish?
But there was this older gentleman there, staring at one of our display tanks, so I walked up to him and asked him if he needed help.

"Do these fish go with other fish?" He asked tilting his head to our goldfish tank.
He had a plastic bin in his hands and for a wild moment I thought he was wanting to put the fish (which weren't for sell) into that thing to take home. That he wanted those fish.
"It depends on the fish." I said cautiously.
"Do those fish go with other fish?" He repeated.
"Those are goldfish, so no...they only go with goldfish, they can't go with tropical fish."
"Oh...so I can't put them in my tank?"
"What do you have in your tank?"
"Some gouramis an angel fish...."
I shook my head. "No, they can't."
"Oh, what can go into my tank then? I'm looking for color, it's all so bland I need color!"
"Well then, you probably want to go for these..." I didn't get to the 'colorful' fish. The platy's the tetras the guppies. He got distracted with the sharks.
"Can these go in my tanks?"
I thought he meant the rainbow sharks, which are black and red. Which had color. "Yes, but only one."

"Alright." He lowered his hand to the tank below the sharks and pointed to some others. "I want one of these then."
Confusion....those sharks weren't 'colorful' they were black...and silver.... so double checked, and yes that was what he wanted.
He then proceeded to pick out a few black fish and white fish. All the while I'm catching them thinking. This....is color? This isn't color! Black and white isn't what I picture when you said you wanted color!
He did end up picking out some green, orange, and red fish as well. So my confusion was partially satisfied.

Still though....black and white....not what I picture when I think of a 'colorful' tank.

Maybe for him. 'black and white' was the 'color.'
;) lol he was old enough to be alive when the world was in 'black and white' (aka black and white television.) That's what I think anyways. Or else....the fish were bright...who knows. He got the fish and was happy about it. ^^;;

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment