Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Bring on the Cold!

Nearly everyone I encounter dislikes the cold.
They tend to make faces whenever I say: "It's snowing!"
Or when I ask them if it's cold outside and I get happy when they say it is.

It's just that thing that is uniquely me.
Winter has come.
The cold weather.
In a way, it brings me alive.
It's refreshing.
It's invigorating.
It's really something I can't live without.

And really...it's something I need to be able to sleep at night.
For the past week or so I've had trouble sleeping through the night.
Why?
Because my ghostly roommates suddenly believe that it isn't 'warm' until they crank up the heater so the apartment gets to be 78, 79 or even 80 degrees.

*cue making faces*
AHHHHH!! Too hot too hot!!
Why is suddenly 74 degrees not satisfying for them?

And so, I try to turn the temperature back down.
Yet, while I'm asleep they crank it back up.
Hopefully we find a happy medium.
A temperature that will allow me to be able to sleep without suddenly waking up in the middle of the night.
A temperature that is warm enough that the roomies don't feel the desire to turn on the heat...

One of these days.
:) We'll see.

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment