Wednesday, April 8, 2015

A Day In Review - April 8th

Saturday, April 8th 2006

- It was the week of Spring break for me. :) My family, our next door neighbors, and a couple that lived a street above us went to Canyonlands to camp for the week. Bad news was that I got sick the night before we left. (siblings got sick the week before, dad got sick the week after.) We did 2 ten mile hikes while we were down there. One was to the Confluence, but it wasn't the best hike for me. I had to stop and rest every 5-10 minutes because I wasn't feeling good at all. It was a bit weird for me because both my parents and my neighbors would ask me how I was feeling everytime I stopped. Since I don't get sick that often, it was just weird to have them showing this much concern over me. Confluence was cool, but very windy up there. Hard to enjoy it.
We did another longer hike a few days later, and I ended up confining myself to the camp with a couple short hikes, just to try and feel better.

Somepoint, April 2007

-I took my first ACT test this month. I did really well in Reading and English, Math was awful. I couldn't remember how to do half of the problems! I almost ran out of time on them. Same with Science, I mostly guessed....

Wednesday, April 8th 2009

-It was another Wednesday school day for me in college. In my ASL class my teacher, Judy, singled me out to come up to the front of the class and sign what I had been signing with my group. Our sentence was "I wasn't looking and didn't see the rope so I tripped over it." or something like that and I for fun signed that the rope was a barricade to a cliff and as I was wandering around I didn't see the rope and tripped over it and fell down the cliff. I didn't think that Judy had seen me sing that, but apparently she did and thought it was cool enough for me to show everyone else. lol. After that, for fun, I'd add a cliff to whatever we were singing. ^^;;Anthropology was the usual family lines talk. My English hour I read because we didn't have class again. History we talked more about the era between the two world wars, and I found out that the teacher wouldn't be putting down that quiz we all failed as 100 points. Which was good. I got out of class late and so missed the bus, ended up taking the shuttle back up to my Anthropology class and walked home from there in the wind. Hung out at the apt until 7 when I went to the Phi Theta Kappa Induction meeting. Brad was kind and gave me a ride over. It was a short ceremony. Only lasted half an hour. O.o I had to wait another half hour to ride the bus home.(I was in a dress and totally not walking home in the dark.) I did Abs with Ali and Brad when I got home. (she was in a workout kick.) and hung out until bed.

Thursday, April 8th 2010

- Today was a good day. :) I went a little early to school to register for the deaf conference happening this weekend. Then I went off to my three institute classes before I went to a couple of deaf speakers, watched a two hour movie about ASL poetry that was fascinating and another shorter movie about Gallaudet University before I went home via bus to rest my eyes and my mind from being in the ASL world for 4 hours. I had a good time, but I didn't really meet any new deaf people. :( Just saw some old ASL teachers and chatted with people in my classes that were there. Maybe tomorrow I'll be braver and try to talk with deaf people I don't know. :S But one thing I know. People who make repeated sounds with their mouths for longer than 30 seconds drive me insane!

Friday, April 8th 2011

- The weather was undecided today on if it wanted to be wet, snow, hot, or windy...which wouldn't have been a big deal if I didn't have to walk to school in the wet. Consequently my shoes and addedly my socks got soaked and stayed soaked for the rest of the day. I could have driven, but decided to let Kikay have the car as she likes the cold a lot less than I do. In school I had ASL where we watched the rest of the movie on language development with children who are deaf, Chemistry we learned more about the gas laws. Devotional we had a speaker Heidi Swenson...she wrote President Monson's Biography. She talked about listening to the promptings of the spirit so we can do the Lord's will. I need to do more of this. Had breadsticks ^^ Yum for the munch and mingle afterwards. then I went to Anatomy. Came back to the Institute to help with the Publicity stuff. My 3pm class was a "do it yourself" day for interpretation, instead I had another interview with President Norby. Met a cute guy named Brady (and never saw him again I think...) In any case met with President Norby and he called me to be the Publicity Cochair for the Institute! ^^ I'm so excited and nervous to be in charge of the Institute committee! (I was in the committee for like my whole college career. About time I got to be in charge of it. ;) lol) It's going to be a lot of responsibility on my shoulders in any case for the next year.

Sunday, April 8th 2012

- Happy Easter!!! Kikay surprised me this morning with a basket of candy, a stuffed animal bunny, and anklets. ^^ After Church, I went and visited with Ali and Brad and talked about how I might now be the "oldest" person in my apartment complex as I've lived there consistently for four years now. I went to the Neffies afterwards for Dinner and did a bit of writing with my friend Jessva afterwards. :)

Monday, April 8th 2013

-It was a stressful day at work today, because it was the day before Inventory. Where the stockers and professional counters spend all night counting up everything in the store to make all our numbers right. (We did that like a week ago in 2015, still stressful) That meant that that day we couldn't write off anything for store use, nor count anything. Which was bad, for us. Because we ran out of cat litter, and Reth wanted me to do our Fish Count. The fish count couldn't happen, so I ended up doing the Bird bedding instead, saving my coworker Bri from having to do it as she's tired of doing the bedding changes. Basically. Very stressful as nothing seemed to be going right. The day got more stressful as I saw that a cat had apparently gotten caught in my brother's car. :S I was worried for the lives of the cats I'd tamed, and it turns out Whisker was the one to have gotten caught in it, but thankfully he only lost a large patch of fur, he seemed fine otherwise (though he'd later lose nearly a third of his tail some other time.)

Tuesday, April 8th 2014

- Reth dropped by work today, and I finally got the reason as to why she suddenly transferred to another store, switching places with the new PetCare manager Sirch. They were both working in the city the other one lived in. So they figured that it would be easier, and save on gas, to actually work in the city they live in instead of driving to the opposite city. (She also wanted to date one of the other managers in our store, and you can't do that, so she transferred before they started dating. Now they're engaged to be married. :D) So it's going to be a period of adjustment for me, getting used to having a new PetCare manager over me. Their different styles and such. After work I went and bought Vocal Point's new CD -Spectrum. ^^ Yay! I also went to the Neffies for a gift exchange as they went to Disneyland and actually got me a souvenir!! ^^ So sweet of them. ^^

Wednesday, April 8th 2015

- The day started off with a midnight headache that would not go away, making it difficult to rest. Thankfully soon after getting to work I was able to relax my muscles by warming them up through the bedding changes, today. Had a sad encounter in that I discovered one our hamsters had died during the night. So weird. He'd died with woodchips in his mouth like he'd been chewing them and suddenly just closed his eyes and was gone. O.o So strange. So different from how I usually find them, curled up into a ball. He looked nearly like a statue really. But Bedding changes went well, I had a second opener in to help me open the rest of the store as I went through and counted all the animals. I spent the rest of my shift after my coworker trying to get the fish tanks cleaned and fed....didn't get to feed the fish before I left because 1) I had to go do a cat adoption right before my shift ended and 2) the line for the cashier suddenly had like thirty people in it so as soon as I was done with the adoption I had to jump on to help the line move faster....I ended up clocking out of work again 30 minutes past my shift. *sighs* Really, I've been trying to clock out on time everyday this week, but it hasn't happened yet. Y-Y Maybe tomorrow will bring a better day. In any case I came home to a note that our Dishwasher was fixed. Yay! Hung out for the evening, with the bishopric dropping by to bring cookies and my New Roommate bringing some of her friends over to watch a movie. :)

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment