Saturday, April 18, 2015

A Change

There are some days where I'm glad to be proven wrong.
Days where it's a nice surprise to experience something different.

Like a date.

I've come to expect dates to go a certain way.
Where it's more stressful than enjoyable.
Where I'm not always sure if the guy is there to get to know me, or to just see a pretty face.

I went on a rare date last night.
One where I felt like the guy was genuinely trying to get to know me.
One where the compliments weren't directed to my physical characteristics.
But more to my personality, and traits.

It was a nice change.
a super nice change.

To experience a guy who consciously worked to ensure I was safe, comfortable, and was willing to change plans when the chosen place turned out to be rather noisy, so that we could hear each other.

It's unlike many dates I've experienced.

Really, I loved it.

I hope that there's another opportunity for another date to happen.
Because this...we really enjoyable.

Chivalry does exist. :) It's just a rare commodity now, one to be treasured and held in high esteem. :)

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

There was a shuttle leaving the planet. A dying planet. Only a select few were able to get on, me I had to act the perfect part, because my kind were fugitives, weren't supposed to be able to escape the planet before it was destroyed. My people depended on me to be able to get on this shuttle. And I did. Pretending to be those who had called my kind fugitives. A girl sat next to me, recently married, Sydney from Institute Council, she and her husband had been lucky and won the seats....only her husband wasn't there when they called for the doors to close. They weren't willing to wait for him to show up though he was coming any second. So the husband ended up using a crowbar to pry open the door and get in just before we shot off for another planet.
Earth. To take over it, the enemy displaced the humans, destroying them, all except a few rebel groups that went underground (term not actually) to survive, working to find a way to destroy the invadors.
I only noticed them because there was an odd little boy dressed up like a grey skinned creature wandering around, not acting quite right. I followed him to their hidden lair, where a group of young adults were surviving by taking on disguises to mingle with the invadors. They were a lot like the group from Recess. And they didn't immediately realize that I wasn't one of them...and I soon grew conflicted because I was starting to care for these humans, and it was putting everything I had come to earth for at risk, because the enemy were becoming suspicious of me....

Then the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D 

No comments:

Post a Comment