Friday, April 10, 2015

Give Me A Box

You know what I've realized?
I liked boxes.
I really do.
Those figurative boxes that are placed upon you when you're given a topic of discussion....
Yah. I like those.

I like having my boundaries defined.

Why?
So I know where I can cross them. lol.

It's much easier to think outside the box when you actually have a box to think outside of though.

When you're just given a big open space....it's much harder to think creatively.
Because there's just that wide open space. There are so many points or no points at all to jump of off that it's difficult to actually sit down, be creative....and write a talk.

It's been difficult this time around,
Though in many ways writing talks is always difficult....

But it's difficult because my subject is so open ended.

"Pick a Talk from General Conference that had the most meaning to you, use other sources, and speak 7-10 minutes."

O.o
Do you know how hard it is to "Pick a Talk?"
It's HARD!
The conference just came out like a week ago! It took most of the week to get reading sources online to where I could actually look over the talks again. (because I read much faster than others speak.)

Plus. One that had the most meaning to me?
It's hard to pick just one of those.
Each talk speaks to me in a different way, manner, and level.
So basically it's a 'Pick your subject, then pick your talk." Sort of scenario.
Which again is the open ended question of. What do I want to talk about.

With this big wide empty space.....
AAAAHHHHHH
It's so many choices and no choices at all.

Give me a box.
Give me a specific talk.
I can totally jump off and play around the boundaries of that talk then.

Hopefully when it's done it makes some sort of sense...


Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

I dreamt I was on a mountain top with family, trying to star gaze, when one of my bosses came up to me, and started acting really creepy, trying to flirt with me, I ended up leaving, going down to the school, where I was suddenly dressed like a superhero with a long sleek dress, and thin light blue cape around me, the villains were all around this pool/school area and I was trying to figure out which way to go....

S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment