Friday, April 24, 2015

Survival Instinct

So My Roommate and I have different sleep schedules.
Basically when I'm asleep, she's at work, and when I'm at work, she's asleep.

And her work....tends to be the graveyard shifts.
So when she has her day off, she tries to stay awake like she would have been if she'd gone to work that night.
And her method of staying awake usually involves Cleaning.

A lot of cleaning.
Lol, it's so interesting to wake up to a clean apartment when you left it dirty the night before. O.o
(Though I do try to not make a mess and have her clean it up. :S )

She's always concerned though, that she woke me up during the night as she cleaned.
Either by like Vacuuming or Using the DishWasher, Basically noisy things.

The good thing is....I'm a heavy sleeper.
Once I'm out...I'm pretty much out unless you catch me in that stage of sleep where I'm close to waking, then yah....I can be woken up easily enough.

As of yet, her night owl cleaning hasn't disturbed me.

What is interesting to note though.
Is that my roomie can clean the apartment and I don't wake up.

But if I'm taking a nap, and I hear someone enter the apartment who usually doesn't enter. (Like Maintenance guys or people who do cleaning checks, or most the time the ringing of the doorbell...)

I wake up.

O.o It's the weirdest thing.
It's like I can sense that 'something doesn't belong here.'
And I wake myself up.
I guess it's a flight/fight sense.
Something doesn't belong!
I'm in danger!
Wake up and see if I'm actually in danger.
So a survival instinct. Yah. That. :)

It's alive and kicking strong whenever there is a stranger nearby. lol.

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment