Sunday, April 19, 2015

A Day of Not Rest

I had to work today.
On a Sunday.

Something I really dislike to do.
Because I look forward to the Day of Rest.
I like to not work Sundays.

Doesn't mean I can't.
I just request not to.

This time....I had to work Sunday.
Because basically every coworker who is able to work on Sunday....randomly requested to have this weekend off. O.o So weird.
So I ended up being the only one able to come in.

I can't complain too much.
It's been forever since I've had to work on a Sunday. (A blessing really.)
So to be asked to work this one...... I took it with good grace.

Though the work day didn't start out well for me.
It seemed like for the first hour or two, maybe three,
Every customer I went to to see if they needed assistance, I was unable to provide them with the right answer, the right assistance.

Totally frustrating.
I like being able to help people.
And to be unable to help find the right product, or provide the right kind of service in the first little bit of my shift....Totally made time move slower.
*sighs*

Maybe I was just off my game, since I hardly work Sundays. It's a different crowd.
Though I did have one gentlemen come to my manager, who then came to me, to tell me that he was really impressed with the service I'd provided him. ^^ Yay!

In any case, I eventually got into the swing of things, the low getting back to a high point.

I'm just glad that for now (as things always change with work), I am not needed to work Sundays.
Because really...I like having them off.

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

The Dream

I was staring at a creepy photo of a bunch of skeleton/shriveled mummy like corpses found in a basement, when the image seemed to come at me, and immerse me in the situation, where me and a bunch of others had just been sentenced to join these odd, still actually living people (as we joined in somepoint before the photo was taken.) In order for them to survive, there was a vote, where one had to be sacrificed to ensure that the others would be able to live for a while longer. Many of the original group volunteered and they all appeared to die, with more taking up the vote and choosing to too make a sacrifice of themselves til it go to the point where me and only a handful were left, and then, all the 'dead' rose up with their head leader -a queen of sorts- proclaiming that I was the last, and therefore I would be the one to be the actual real sacrifice. Which didn't make any sense to me, why did I have to die if I was one of the ones choosing to not die? I ran to avoid them, trying to hide so I would not become one of them and not be sacrificed by them.....

Then the unholy tones of daylight pulled me away....
and I became myself again. :)

-S.N.D

No comments:

Post a Comment