Friday, November 13, 2015

A Day in Review -November 13th

Thursday, November 13th 2008

-I had a scare today about my dog Sadie. Apparently she's been walking hunched over and looking constipated today so Dad took her to the vet. Apparently something is wrong with her back legs where the joints in the knees are loose and keep popping in and out of place. And she has a tumor (benign) on her left side. But the Doc said ti was nothing serious and she just has to be put on a pill she has to take for the rest of her life each day. I don't think I could deal with another pet problem at the moment. Though she is getting old. Like 12 years old now. I hope she lives a few more years. :( (she lived 3 more years.)

Friday, November 13th 2009

-Today was Friday the 13th. But I didn't really notice anything 'bad' happen to me. In V&D the teacher told us we had to begin to use more volume when warming up and we made eye contact, so I think he meant me. XP  I don't like noise. ASL the teacher gave me back a paper where I got a lower score. XP his comments were really too 'literal' no relaxness sadly. Institute helped counter that bad feeling though. I was complimented by Bro T, K, and L today about my personality and being in their classes and how I helped out. I did the boards today by myself. I actually found it kind of fun to rearrange the what's happening boards to be pleasing to the eye. lol Went home then went back to the school to go to the Homecoming Basketball Game. Because I was in the spirit group, I got a free t-shirt and food. Yum! Saw a friend and her boyfriend there and had a great time at the game. I got a mini basketball lol. We won 80-72. Though the last 45 secs of the game took like 15 minutes to complete because the refs kept calling in foul shots. My friend kindly gave me a ride home so I wouldn't have to wait for the bus for 1/2 an hour.

Saturday, November 13th 2010

-Drove home today w/ Kikay and her friend and her friend's friend. For some reason driving seemed really slow. I got up to 80 and it still felt like I was doing 35. Dropped off the friend and friend's friend at the Sunshine Café. Went out with family to do some shopping. While out my Eye Dr called to talk about my eyes and we ended up dropping by to grab a new contact lense. Went to Kmart, Petco for fish for mom, Arctic Circle and Birdworld. Kikay and I then packed up her friends. Saw Megamind with a bunch of my friends and Kikay's.

Sunday, November 13th 2011

-Kikay and I managed to get to church basically on time this morning. It was fast sunday in Church. I heard a bunch of good speakers give their testimony. Sunday school and Relief Society went alright. Came home and worked on drawing a picture for AT's birthday. Its a drawing of a girl carving a wolf, though most people don't see the 'wood shavings' as that. Hopefully AT can tell what it is. Ended up at the Neffies for the evening as usual, before coming home and writing a bit more as I watched Captain America.

Tuesday, November 13th 2012

-I woke up this morning to my clock saying 4:52am and I was supposed to be at work at 5am. :S Basically I got up and put in my contacts, my work clothes and ran out the door. I would have still b on time. >.< But the guys inside took their sweet time getting to the door to look me in. But I was only a minute late so in the end it didn't really matter. I think that the new manager Taar isn't my favorite manager. There's just something about them that irks me a bit. I don't know...perhaps she has a bit of a 'power over you ' complex or something. Which I don't think is deserved considering that they don't know much about my department. Not that I know much either...I've only worked here like 3 months lol. I don't know, I feel rather defensive around her. I dunno, I guess I don't like people questioning me when I know I'm in the right. In any case. I did the daily bedding changes which took me 3 hours, then cats, a break, then birds. Helped out two people and it was time to go. Came home and did laundry, dishes, and read conference talks before going to the Institute for World Religions and moved the car for Kikay. Walked home and hanged out watching movies and working on writing.

Wednesday, November 13th 2013

-My hands hurt. Particularly my left one...that has ring worm on it. Why? Because I've been cleaning like crazy for most of the day. First with work, we were under scheduled today. To the point where I was alone in my department for most of my closing shift. 6 hours! Gah. Then my tank cleaning partner didn't come in today because she has another job on Weds. So she can't work, and I was silly enough to volunteer to clean her tanks along with mine. And that meant a lot of scrubbing to the point where I had to give in and get my left hand wet. (trying to avoid antagonizing the ring worm.) Hopefully it doesn't make things worse...In any case work wasn't too busy luckily so I could get the tanks and the closing tasks done on time and get out of there. I drove to Smiths to pick up some things for cleaning checks before coming home. Paused long enough to eat food then proceeded to do my portion of the cleaning checks. Basically all this scrubbing has rubbed my hand raw. Particularly around my thumb. I hope it doesn't cause more trials but we'll see. For now, I'm heading for bed to rest for my morning shift.

Thursday, November 13th 2014

-It happened how I expected, Shane said he would talk to me later...but I got no word form him today and I don't expect there to be a conversation later. Out of site, out of mind. It's too late now to plan anything, and in my head I really want to lash out at him, but I know that will do no good, it will only hurt in who knows how many ways. I just wish people would be as considerate of me as I am of them... Ugh. Rejection hurts. But maybe someday...there will be people who I can trust, who will say no and not dodge me with a maybe. Who will say yes and not cancel last minute, who will be there for me....someday. Someday far far in the future because things look black all around me now, though I can't see into tomorrow. It might change then. In any case, I don't think I'll be trying to make plans with Shane again unless he instigates it. I don't want to feel like the "Visitor Friend." Where we're only friends when running into each other unexpectedly. In any case I think this emotional upheaval was/is a bit much for me at the moment. Work today, my eyes felt so weighed down, I probably could have fallen asleep standing up if I closed my eyes for long enough. Still I managed to get done opening by the time Sirch showed up at 1:30. If I had been moving faster I could have gotten more done...Especially considering that it snowed today!! Hardly anyone came into my dept. I think I helped maybe a dozen people. I'm really grateful for the compliments I received today. Sirch thanked me for some of the extra tasks I did, though he also asked if I would come in on Thanksgiving for an hour to feed the animals. I agreed. Could be fun, I've never done it before. Hopefully doing so this time means I don't have to come in on Christmas. We'll see. I got gas today though I had to wrestle with the pump to give me it. >.< I went to the school and wrote a little there but mostly napped before grabbing groceries. Got How to Train Your Dragon 2 and Arrow. ^^ Yay.

Friday, November 14th 2015

-I had the day off of work today, so I was able to sleep in and relax a bit before I headed over to the Institute to see the Devotional there. Haven't been to one of those in forever, it was nice. I hung out for a bit afterwards writing in the building before grabbing groceries. I came home and watched the rest of season one of Arrow before spending a couple of hours cleaning for the cleaning check my apartment is having tomorrow.

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment