Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Question? Question.

Do you know how hard it is to not do something once you've been told not to do it?

I have this habit at work.
Of starting of conversations with Managers with either:
"So..."

or "I have a Question."or the shorter version. "Question."

And today my head manager was like "Stop doing that."
"Doing what?"
"Stop asking a question by asking if you can ask the question. Just ask me the question."

Oh... O.o
Okay.....

lol It was rather difficult for me to switch that up.
To not prelude the conversation my usual way.
And instead just go up to the manager and just straight up and ask the question.

Definitely made me think a bit more about what I was saying today lol.

In any case.

I guess, I like giving people a heads up.
Which is why I say "I have a question." Before actually asking my question.
Its because I'm letting the person know that I'm about to ask them something.
So I'm prepping them to be able to answer my question.
Instead of just springing it on them out of the blue.

Hmm
So interesting the little quirks I discover about myself from other people. lol

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment