Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Finding Approval

So, during my weekly attempts at being social.
-You know, ward calling, ward missionary, yadda yadda.

I came across a guy that I haven't met before.

Which is always nice, meeting someone new because its rather awkward to see the same people week after week after week....gets rather boring.

In any case.
Me and my partner had a conversation with this guy.

And oo...
There was just something about him that put my back up.
He had this air of 'disapproval' about him.
Where no matter what I said. He wouldn't 'like it.'
You could tell he thought things we said were 'quaint.' 'uninteresting.'

Basically he's really good at the 'disapproving father.' motif.

And then he asked me what my plans were.
For the future.
What career I'm seeking.

Asks the guy who wants to be a History Teacher.
While I'm sitting next to the guy who wants to be a Surgeon of some sorts.

And here I am....content where I am.
Working with the animals I love. Hoping one day to be a famous author.

But I couldn't say that.
Because seriously, I was tired of him looking at me like I was just a pretty face with no direction in my life.

So I said something alone the lines of "I want to work with animals. Possibly be a vet tech or a Vet, maybe go into the business side and sell animals."

I mean, its not like I haven't thought about it before.
I'm a writer. lol.
I come up with scenarios as a hobby. What ifs. For my life, for other people's lives, for movies, for books, for random thoughts.
It's a writing thing lol.

Thought of, not really interested in.
Writing, Where I'm at.
I have a passion for it.

So, yah, I'm rather annoyed at myself that I just didn't say that "I'm happy where I'm at."
Or "I work at a PetStore. I want to be a writer."

But ooo
>.<
He so got on my nerves.
And even after I said the vet mumbo jumbo.
He still gave off that air of "you're not good enough."

So, I was rather happy to leave.

Sometimes...you just have to accept, that you can't get everyone's approval...

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

(post delayed in posting due to random internet issue.)

No comments:

Post a Comment