Friday, November 20, 2015

Content With Life

Ha.
So....apparently many of the groomers at my work have been up in arms.
For my benefit.

Because they were mad that I hadn't been promoted to the new manager position that had unexpectedly opened up. (due to a manager leaving for lunch and never returning.)

Though they hadn't said anything until yesterday to me.
Mostly because I don't think they'd found out that we'd (finally) hired a new manager to fill the void in the store.
A transfer from our sister store just up the valley.

So they asked me.
When they had a moment where I was by myself.

Why.
Why had they ignored me and not made me manager!!?!?

-Totally sweet of them that they think I can be a manager, lol. ^^ That's a boost of confidence for if I ever want to climb the ladder.

But my answer to them was simple.

I didn't want to become manager.

The manager position I would have wanted.
No longer exists.

There is no longer a manager that is in charge of my department.
Their duties have switched to more customer service.
And they would never be in my department.
They basically just handle the paperwork and vet visits.
And that's it.

They're customer service the entire time!

And the only reason why I work in my job in the first place.
Is because I love the animals.

I could care less about the customers in the store.
Seriously.
The animals are my first priority.
There are plenty of other people to ensure that customers leave satisfied.

But who is going to look after the animals?

So, I declined for an 'upgrade.''
Because I wanted to stay with my animals.
Stay in my department.

Because it isn't about money or power for me.
It's about loving my job.
And since there is no longer a manager in charge of animals.
How can I love my job if I'm never around them?
Working with them?

Yah.
Totally not my style.

So I told the groomers.
That the manager position I wanted no longer exists.
And that I cared more about the animals than helping people.
And the best way I could do that...was to stay where I am. :)

That doesn't mean I won't eventually climb the power ladder. Become a manager.
But its not likely to happen anytime soon.
Not unless they bring back a manager position that gets to stay in my department. lol. :)

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment