Saturday, November 7, 2015

What's Your Armor?

I read a thing somewhere.
About putting on your armor.

Not like literal armor that knights wear.
But armor.

Putting on things that make you feel protected.It
That put you in a 'save zone'
A comfort zone.

Things that help you/make you feel at ease when you're heading into a tension inducing scenario.

For some, it may be a certain pair of socks.
A brand of perfume.
A particular piece of jewelry.
A favorite coat.
A brand of lipstick.

Something that makes you feel at ease.
Your armor.

It doesn't have to be anything noticeable.
Just something well...comfortable for you.

I've been thinking about this the past couple of days.
My armor.

Not that its much thinking involved. lol.

I wear a couple of items basically everyday that I would feel lost and stressed out about if I forgot to wear them.
Because really they are my armor.
My comfort thing when stress tries to strike in my life.

For me its two things.
One is a Ring my Dad gave me.
The other is a Necklace that my parents gave me as a College Graduation gift.

I've worn both of them pretty consistently over the years.
Yes Years.
I mean, I occasionally wear other rings and necklaces. lol And they can do the same comfort job just fine.
But there is something about those two pieces that were given to me by family.
That just...well...helps me get through situations.

Its become natural to have them on me.
and to realize I forgot to put one on...
Yeesh. Stress inducing. lol. I miss it the entirety of the time that I'm away from it.
Because its my armor.
My protection.

And I really don't know what I'd do without either piece. :)

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment