Tuesday, November 17, 2015

A Day in Review -November 17th

Thursday, November 17th 2005

-Went to school.

Monday, November 17th 2008

-I had a test in Health today, and I don't think I did that well...oh well. Later after all my school junk I went to FHE. The whole ward was involved in this activity because we were auctioning off service to raise money so we could give a couple  of families in need, Christmas this year. I auctioned off a shoulder massage since I couldn't think of anything better to give. That ended up going for only $7. :( lol but the funny thing is that 2 people thought they had won my bid a guy named Bryn and a girl named Jackie. Anyway after getting home, for fun I gave Scott (roommate of my roommate's fiancĂ©) a back massage just to see if I was actually any good still. Scott seemed to enjoy it. So yay. :) Then like 5 minutes after I finished with Scott. Bryn came knocking on the door wanting his massage. I didn't expect him to take the offer up so quickly. :S Good thing I warmed up first. I couldn't tell if he liked it or not but when some people called asking where he was he told them he was getting a massage from me. Soo that made me feel good. I didn't bid on anything on the auction, because mostly it was date things and I'm a chicken and didn't want to go on a date with some random stranger. I probably missed an opportunity or ten there.... Oh well maybe next time. Oh yeah, today during lunch this random guy started talking to me as I waited for my Grilled Ham and Cheese. He was asking about the test and how I thought I had done. It took me a moment to remember I had taken my Health test today so I thought He was talking about a different class lol. Luckily, I figured it out quickly enough that I didn't make a fool of myself though I do wonder why he started talking tom e today since we've never really spoken before unless I lent him a pencil on the previous test, but I did find out his name thanks to a 3rd and 4th party named Chris and Josh. The guy who started talking to me first is named Jeff. We'll see if we talk again on Wed, maybe not. Oh, I think I might have set up a date with my guyfriend Tay for Christmas break lol hope it doesn't go bad. We'll probably go see "Twilight" even though he told me he never wanted to see it. (huh...if he didn't want to see it why was I planning on making him go see it? who knows.)

Tuesday, November 17th 2009

-Had to sing a Christmas song in my Institute class today XP So close to avoiding that! So close! Day went normal. Institute, no ASL today, Language Videos, Signing things, another Institute class, Home. Finished Lord of Chaos by Robert Jordan. Weeeee

Wednesday, November 17th 2010

-Didn't sleep well last night. Had a pounding headache that caused me to be up and down all night. Ended up taking a long hot shower to try and relax my muscles. Also ended up throwing up  because the migraine made my stomach queasy enough to empty my stomach. Finally dozed off and slept until noon. Tried to do homework but I gave the interpreting CD I needed to a classmate on Monday and forgot to ask for it back. Drove to school and went to Anthropology, Institute -the new guy Alex acted strangely, not sure how to explain it, but crazy/hyper in a mellow sort of way comes close. Talked to Esteban (all the guys I talked too...and then I never saw again lol.) And went to Legal Interpreting where we had a sub. Ended up working in a group of ditherers. (people who can't make up their minds. Most annoying people ever.) Girls. Ugh. I don't know why it was boys against girls but girls work so much slower. XP Read for an hour and a half before going to Consecutive Interpreting. Came home, found out homework wasn't due today. Talked w/ Mother dearest for a bit then had dinner with Kikay and read some more as well.

Thursday, November 17th 2011

-Today went better than yesterday, though Kikay made me a couple mins late to class because she needed to be dropped off and I ended up parking in outer darkness. Otherwise my classes went good. Came home and relaxed and stuff.

Saturday, November 17th 2012

-I'm so grateful that I only  worked til 9 today. I think its because its Saturday and I don't think I should work Saturdays ;) lol. The chores all went well and we Bri &I were done with everything by 8 so we spent the next hour bagging crickets before our Morning Meeting where we got suckers. :D I came home for a couple of hours and worked on uploading videos I took from the Vocal Point concert last night onto YouTube so that Troi and Crusher (totalllymissingthepoint blog) could see them and maybe use them in their blog posts. (which they did.) They even emailed me back thanking me for my effort. :) I drove home to the parents place and uploading videos there took 4x as long to upload due to our weird internet thing. I had actually expected more of a delay as I was going to go see Breaking Dawn 2 but 1/2 an hour before we were supposed to meet up he texted me saying he'd been called into work at 1, the movie was at 1:20 so he couldn't go. I thought that was fine and understandable...until I saw him on Facebook AFTER 1pm. He posted things at like 3pm! And I'm pretty sure he has no internet at Office Depot, so unless he forgot to sign out--which I doubt- I think he lied to me. :( And that hurts. I know I told him yesterday night that I wasn't interested in dating him. But I didn't think this friend movie thing would affect it. :( Yet I'm hurt. He left me up a creek with no friends to go see the movie with -And I tried to get a few friends to go see the movie with-- I wish he would have just said no yesterday, so I could have found some CollegeTown people to watch the movie with. In my case I was forcefully remind that "I don't have friends." because of this and I felt rather melancholy after the movie because they got their forever together (they meaning Bella and Edward) and I was sitting in a movie theatre by myself with no one to talk to. (Yay me for going anyways.) This is why I'm getting tired of planning events because I feel popular and loved until I am the one planning the event and then no one comes or gets busy...But the movie was good and surprisingly cool. I grabbed Taco Bell for dinner afterwards and got Meralto a taco too. I ended up going out to a 'second dinner' at Sparky's with my friend Jess, I think because she felt guilty for not seeing my text until too late. The pessimistic side of me wonders if she would have responded sooner if I had said "Ter ditched me." (now I find out what his name was, lol was wondering who I was talking about.) in the text. Oh well. We had a fun dinner together though I couldn't really connect with her. (still have problems with that actually. It was much more enjoyable talking to her Brother (who worked there.) Mostly because she's going on a mission and her mind is elsewhere I suppose, After she dropped me off I looked up more information on one of the Trailers I'd seen in theaters -Warm Bodies, that had interested me because it made a Zombie seem likeable. Turns out it was a book too so I went to Barnes and Noble and with some help finding it--(it was in Fiction & Literature section. O.o Odd place for a Zombie Book...I thought it would have been in Teen Paranormal myself. But I read a few pages. Decided to buy it and spent the evening reading the book. It was pretty good. I think more could have happened and R's background be developed more as I'm curious as to who he used to be, but I could do with less swearing. I hope the movie has cleaner language. :) (First time a movie trailer inspired me to read a book instead of the other way around lol. The language was better in the movie, but still not what I would have wanted. Good movie in any case.)

Sunday, November 17th 2013

-Well, I had an auspicious start to this morning. I banged my head against the window sill as I was sleeping. Let me tell you it hurt! And it didn't help that I had a headache for most of the day after. I ended up only going to Sacrament at church before coming home because I wasn't feeling the greatest. I came home to find Ashleigh and her new friend Mckay -both very sleep deprived- on the couch. He ended up staying for like 7 hours lol. I think he likes her. I had my home teachers come by after church before going over to Kikay's for dinner. We then ventured to the Neffies to watch Once Upon a Time before I came home and spent the evening writing my missionary friends.

Monday, November 17th 2014

-Slept in today, nearly 12 hours really though I did wake up briefly at 4am because I was too hot. I had work at 1pm it wasn't too busy for a Monday night. I was able to do the Monday tank tasks which involved some hard scrubbing on caked on grime of the top part of the tank, betta water changes and locklines. yay! :) Plus more good news. The Guinea pig with the broken leg (a child was holding one of our guinea pigs and he startled her and so she threw/dropped him to the ground breaking his leg.) does not need to have its leg amputated!! Yay! (once before when we had a guinea pig get a broken leg it had to be amputated.) The doctor is splinting it and letting it heal for four weeks before its taken back for a recheck. Woot! I didn't get done with cats until 10pm though Oh well. Its morning shifts for the rest of the week for me. :)

Tuesday, November 17th 2015

-It was a weird mood that I encountered coming into work today. I don't know if it was my 5 day absence or something else...but everyone seemed rather depressed/stressed. :( I don't know if me taking a vacation influenced it or if it was something else that happened while I was gone, but it was really weird. Still, it felt good to be back at work, a little weird, but good. I had my coworker do the Bedding changes today, which took a couple of hours longer than normal. Not surprising though as the Sick room was completely full of animals and all their cages needed to be cleaned as well as we had to prepare new cages for when our animal shipment showed up for the week. Very time consuming. Thankfully on my part, opening the rest of the department wasn't bad. We only had 2 cats so cleaning their cages was quick and easy as was doing reptiles and birds. The hamster cages took a bit of time though because I was playing 'ring around the rosie' with animals in an effort to empty out our back room so we could make room for the new animals. It involved a little cleaning and combining hamsters together. :S Hopefully they continue to play nice with each other and I don't come back into work tomorrow to a war zone. Its always a hazard when doing that. But because its the holiday season we're getting in a tone of animals, so we're kinda forced to combine hamsters together or else we'd be overflowing with them before long. *fingers crossed* I spent most of the morning once we opened, cleaning the fish tanks. I did a deeper clean on our Feeder Goldfish tanks as they were looking particularly horrible. Everything was going rather smoothly...until I got back from my lunch break about noon. Then suddenly I was up to my eyeballs in time consuming customers. (They always show up right after my coworker gets off...) Which meant I didn't get to feeding the fish for like...an hour. And then I got stuck with more customers both on and off the register to the point where I had hardly touched crickets by the time I got off work. :( Oh well.... Did have a lady comment on my grey hairs today. lol. She asked how old I was and I told her, and she said that she has two...I think it was daughters, who are a couple of years older than me who are starting to get grey hairs and they're freaking out about it, but I don't appear to be. I'm not actually...lol since I started going grey around age 18...its part of who I am at this point. Plus it gives my hair great highlights lol. I ended up clocking out of work late because I was told about a Feedback Survey that I needed to take to give the company feedback about how they're doing. Mmm gave them a piece of my mind about them cutting our morning hours and that they should take more consideration for the employees because corporate is stressing is out. I came home and dozed for about an hour before watching the episode of Supergirl from last night. I went on Ward Mission visits after that....ended up being the only girl in a group of guys. lol. Yay me. ;) Visits went alright, though I felt my partner was 'guilt tripping' people a bit much. Not the way to go in my opinion, so I tried to diffuse it how I could... I came home and caught up with my Amazing Roommate on her day at work before I locked myself in my room to watch The Flash. So. Depressed. There isn't going to be an episode next week. Y_Y What am I going to do with myself?!!? lol.

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment