Sunday, November 29, 2015

The Worth of a Laptop

There's something about human nature.
Where you want to get the most out of everything.
Whether its using it til it doesn't work any more.
Or selling it for as much gain as you can get.

You want to get what you think your worth of the item is, out of that item.

On Black Friday,
I finally bought myself a new laptop.

Yay!

Which meant, that I could finally get rid of my other laptop.
The one where the hard drive died on me. Again.

A little while ago.
A friend of mine offered to buy my broken laptop from me.
Why?
Because they like to tinker with laptops.
See how they work, maybe get them working again.

I was hesitant to do so then.
Just in case I couldn't find a new laptop of my liking.
I could always invest in money and have it sent out and repaired.

Plus...
I wasn't really sure how much I should sell my broken laptop for.
I mean...
It's broken.
It's not like its brand new and can go for the full price I paid for it.
It's not slightly used and can go for like half price or whatever.

Its not working.

Plus.
There's the whole sentimental value.
I mean the laptop has been a part of my life for like two years.
Its hard to just....give it up.
For any money.
In many ways it can be priceless.

But.
Enough time had passed.
A new laptop is arriving in my home any day now.

And my attachment to the broken laptop had faded enough that I could consider selling it.
Without heartache. Without pain.

So I could sell it.
But for how much?
How much was a reasonable asking price?
How much was a good asking price for a friend?

In the end.
I ended up selling three old laptops to my friend.
Because I mean...what's the point of keeping them around, taking up space, when they aren't useful to me?

I'm rather happy with what I sold them for.
Though, lol, a part of me, that greedy human natured part.
Still thinks I could have asked for more.
Gotten more money out of it.
And then logic comes in and states that they're broken laptops.
Not worth as much as I want them to be worth,
And that the amount I asked for is just fine.

I got some extra cash in my pocket for more Christmas Shopping lol. T
And my friend got three 'new' laptops to tinker with and figure out. :)

So its a win win situation for all of us. lol.

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment