Saturday, December 26, 2015

Grateful

I always think of Christmas as a time to get yourself spoiled.
Presents. Presents everywhere!
From family, friends, and of Course Santa.

But its thrown me off this year.
This after Christmas Day.
Because I ask people what they got for Christmas.
And they only mention like one or two things that their family members gave them.
Not much else.

And I'm like.....
.......didn't you get more? What else did you get?
But I don't want to be rude and actually ask that.
Because maybe they didn't get more.
But I'm still like...surely you were given more right?

Because I totally got a lot of presents!
And I feel really....I guess "privileged" (spoiled) when I start listing off things that I got.
Which leads me to just listing off two or three different things.
Just so I don't....idk the word for it right now. Show off?

Yet.
It's lead me to be really grateful today.
Grateful that I have such amazing parents.
Who go above and beyond to make Christmas an exciting day for us kids.
Even though we're older.
We're still getting totally spoiled.
Which is amazing. Awesome, any other fun adjective you want to add in there.

Because its fun.
Its fun to celebrate.
To watch and see the joy on people's faces as they discover what lays hidden beneath the colorful wrapping paper.
It's an adventure.
It's a joy.

And I'm really grateful that we're still getting those sorts of Christmases.
Where we spend an hour or so opening presents.
Quality family time together.
Laughter.
Happiness.

Its the best feeling to be together for Christmas.
Even if it is only for a few hours.
Before we all need to head back to our lives.

But the memories live on.
In the gifts we were given.
The smiles exchanged.
The laughter shared.

So grateful.

And I'm grateful I have such a giving family.
Because today...I've been realizing that not all families can be so giving. For a variety of reasons.
So. I'm grateful.
For everything.

Christmas is a time of cheer and I'm glad we had that time. ^^

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment