Saturday, December 19, 2015

The Joy of Giving

^^ I love giving gifts.
Because I love seeing the reactions of the receivers of the gifts.
Seeing if the present I worked to find, to fit them, actually was a success or not.

For the most part, it's a middling reaction, I suppose.
Mostly on the positive side. lol. :) Where they like the gifts. ^^
You can tell that by how they react to them.
If they put it on, take it out of the box, keep it nearby them.
They liked it a lot. :)

Tonight,
I had one of the best reactions to giving a gift to a friend.
It was a present that I had agonized over both in and out of the store.
Saying yes,
changing my mind,
Picking something else,
changing my mind.
Finally deciding to buy something completely different that I discovered.

It was a present a bit out of the ordinary from my usual knickknacks and jewelry sort of ways.

And I wasn't sure how it would go over.
Because again....its out of the norm for presents.

But I persevered.
And wrapped up the present.
Staring at it.
Wondering how it would go over.

Tonight I found out.

My friend opened up the gift.
And just stared at it.
In wide eyed surprise.
Like they couldn't believe what they were seeing.
How cool and shiny and awesome it looked. ;) lol.

Heh. It was amazing feeling.
To see how touched they were by my present.
To watch them stare at it,
Talk about it.
Go back to staring at it.

XD Its been a long time since I've had that sort of reaction.
I'm not even sure I've ever had that sort of reaction actually.

But oh, it was the best feeling in the world!
To see so much happiness come from them.

It is its own reward in seeing the joy that you can bring to people when you give them something that they really truly like. ^^

Its a memory I'll treasure for sure. ^^

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment