Sunday, December 20, 2015

The Joy of Getting

^^ I love getting presents.
Especially when you can tell that thought went into them, that the person cared, and wanted to make you feel special.

To continue from last night's post.
I gave a gift, that totally made the receiver stare in dumbfounded surprise. lol

Through a series of events.
We'd decided that I wouldn't get my present until today.

A decision that was made before we actually got together with other friends to exchange gifts yesterday.
But...lol I think my friend was glad that we'd made this decision.
To give my present today.

Why?
Because I gave such an amazing gift that's why. ;) lol.
But really. It's true.

I'd seen the present that my friend was going to give me.
A small thing, able to fit easily into my hand.

While mine to them....was about thirty times that size. lol.
Okay a bit of exaggeration but true none the less.

Which would have seriously paled in comparison to my present to them.

As seriously, it was an amazing gift. XD lol.
And you could almost see the wheels turning in my friend's head.
Trying to figure out how they would even compare their gift to mine.

Though it wasn't important to me the size of the gift.
As really I just like getting presents, and I can understand that people have budgets.
I did...I just blew it out of proportion this year. ^^;; lol (a bit...maybe...I did set a higher bar of price range this year. *shrugs* )

In any case.
I did wonder, as we left for the night.
If my friend would dash out to get me another present. One that would be more comparable to my gift.
Idle thoughts really. I really was just expecting to see the small gift again today.

But...from what my friend said.
That after getting my present, they would have been ashamed to give me such a tiny gift in return.
lol. So I guess that they did actually dash out to a store last night.
-Luckily due to the Christmas season a lot of stores are open a lot later than normal.
heh. I have no idea which store they went too or how many stores they may have visited. (but I really want to hear their story of how they came upon this present. I'll have to ask next time I see them. lol)

But when I went to their place this evening with more friends to exchange presents.
I didn't see my little gift.
I figured it was just hidden under the others.
However, when it came my turn to open my gifts.
I got a surprise.
The largest gift in the pile...was actually mine.

lol so I commented. O.o "It grew." lol.
And they commented the statement above. That they would have been ashamed to give me such a small gift after seeing the present I'd given them.

heh. I did still get my tiny gift within the larger gift. It was one of those Yarn Voodoo doll things of The Flash! (yay. I love the flash. ^^) Sooo adorable!
As I grabbed the package.
I felt that it was squishy.
My first thought was that I'd gotten a stuffed animal or something like it.
Because those are popular with me as well. ^^;;

But when I opened the bag.
I wasn't confronted with a stuffed animal Flash, or a stuffed animal anything really.
It looked like a shirt material.
Clothes.

()_()
Surprise lol. And a bit worried I was.
Clothes are always an iffy thing to get with me. Mostly because I'm small.

But it was better than a shirt!
When I final unfolded it.
It was revealed as a Jacket!!
But not any jacket.
A jacket with the FLASH SYMBOL ON IT!!
*squee!*

Ooooh!
Sooo excited!
For one, because I love the flash.
For two, because I've actually been looking for a new light jacket to wear when it's not freezing cold or boiling hot.
And this was both!!

Plus!!
IT FIT ME!! XD

I love my new jacket. ^^
Seriously. I put it on right then and there and didn't want to take it off,
Even though I was wearing long sleeves and was indoors.
I didn't want to take it off.
Because I was soo excited!
Flash Jacket!!!

Honestly...I'm still wearing it. Hours later. lol. ^^
Yes.
I'm so glad that my friend decided to go out and get me another present.
because I absolutely adore it!

Yay for giving and getting gifts. ^^

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment