Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Leaving Early

I did something I've only done like...maybe thrice before today.
I left work early.

I don't like calling in sick.
I don't like leaving work early.
I don't like letting people down.

But today....I decided to not make myself suffer through the rest of my shift.
And head out early.

My decision was made easier because I had two coworkers in this morning, who weren't scheduled in my department, but are in my department, (they were helping with pricing.) They had a short shift, and so I asked one of them to cover me in the rest of my shift once they were done with theirs. To which my coworker agreed. (And if they hadn't, I had another coworker to go to for double the chances.)

-As I went to my manager first to tell them that I wasn't feeling well, and asked that if I could get one of the two to cover my shift, if I could go home early. To which my manager agreed.

Ugh. I hate having to leave.
I feel like I let down my department.
But at least I got all the opening done before I left.

Its hard too...because it wasn't like I was sick sick.
But...I felt if I stayed, I would get to that point.

I woke up with a headache this morning (along with Baa Baa black sheep playing in my head randomly. O.o)
One that I thought would go away with work.
But it didn't.
Medicine wasn't making it go away either.

I'm pretty sure that the headache was caused from a) not being able to get in my naps like I usually get in for the past couple of days.
and b) having to deal with a stressful roommate situation last night, where the end result is not fully known yet.

I don't do well with stress.
Top that with non restful sleep...

It equals a headache.
That I could handle.

But...I don't know if it was the headache/sleep issue alone....
As... I wasn't feeling queasy per say.

I just felt....like a tightness to my throat. A pressure there.
like something was pressing against it. -and it wasn't my necklace.
It just felt...tight.
And not a good tight, its the sort of tight you get when you're trying to not throw up tight....

I grabbed Advil, I grabbed a Dr. Pepper, neither of which soothed either headache or tight throat.

I was gagging at smells. Finding it difficult to talk to customers for long periods of time without feeling that tightness pressing down on me, making me gag then as well.

So I decided to throw in the towel. Take some sick time.
I made it through half of my shift.
Then went home and crashed for like 6ish hours (dozing on and off.)

Ah.
Sleep works such wonders!!
I feel much better now. ^^ yay!
Hopefully it stays that way. :)

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment