Sunday, February 28, 2016

A Few Hours Away

You ever have one of those days where you wake up feeling crappy?
Yah.
That was me today.
The whole sore throat, runny/stuffy nose, achy head sort of stuff.

It took me most of the morning to debate about whether or not I should get up and attempt to go to church and be social. If I should try going to just part of church, all of church....

And finally decided that I shouldn't stress myself out further.
I chose to stay home.

To just have some me time.
*exhales*
Not that I really got it.

It really does feel like I never have the apartment to myself.
I mean, two of my roommates went to church.
But the third, with her graveyard shift, ended up going to an earlier church and then came back home before our regular ward started. And came back home to watch movies and fall asleep to them.

Normally this doesn't bother me.
But I think I've hit that 'full capacity' point.
Where I just couldn't deal with the proximity of my roommates anymore.
Even with them in a different room...
I just wanted them completely out of the apartment.

*shakes head*
But as I may have mentioned before.
I can't really just kick them out of their own apartment.
I just really wish that they would get out of the apartment all at the same time for a few hours.

In any case.
I hit that proximity point of nontoleration.
And decided to take action.
By taking myself out of the apartment.

So I sent a Mayday text to my sister, asking her if I could come over to her house and lock myself in her room for a few hours and be antisocial for a bit.

As lucky her, she's actually living in a house. Where there's tons of space. Tons of area to spread out. Where the walls are thick, and you can't hear every little tiny thing that happens within the place.

Which meant, that even though she and her roommates were there.
Once I was in her room.
By myself.
With the door shut.

I instantly felt alone.
I relaxed.
Finally, an atmosphere where I could just regenerate.
After all, I am more introverted than extroverted.
So while I can deal with people everyday.
I need to have my own little quiet 'me place' where I can just be myself. Relax. Not have to worry about other people. Just recharge.

Which is what I got, going to her place.
A place to recharge for a while.
Where I could after a bit, go be social and not dread it.
Though I totally dreaded having to come back to my apartment afterwards :( *sighs*

In any case.
It was rather funny.
As I grabbed all the little things I thought I would need.
Snackage, laptop, notebooks, music, and of course a pillow and a blanket so I could cuddle up anywhere I pleased.
And just relax and do stuff.

Which, lol.
For all intents and purposes.
Made it look like I was walking over to a sleep over.
I guess one of her roommates thought as much.
As when she let me in, and I went to the kitchen to put away dinner things, and had all my stuff with me.
She asked "Are you Moving in or something?" -You know in that teasing but concerned sort of way.
And I was like "No, just getting away from my roommates for a few hours. Because they're always home."

Yah.
Definitely was the 'awayness' that I needed to get myself feeling a bit better. :)
Hopefully I can keep up the feeling for a while.
We'll have to see. :)

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment