Saturday, February 27, 2016

A Long Line

Standing in line is always interesting.
Because it can either be a nuisance that leaves you frustrated and/or angry.
Or it can be a little thing, where you don't mind the wait and are content to just stand there, until you get to the front of the line.

I had to stand in two lines today.

The first one, was crazy long.
Because my Sister and I decided to go to the Provo City Center Temple open house.
I already knew that it would probably be a crazy wait.
Mostly because it was a Saturday, and people have more time to stand in line on Saturday's because many people don't work.
So I knew it would be more popular, and I was expecting to have to wait a bit.

But when Kikay and I got there....
The lady told us it was a 2 hour wait.

Did we want to wait that long?
We'd been planning to have dinner later.
Maybe we should move dinner up to being first,
And then do the tour of the temple later. As the lady said that it would be a shorter wait then.

Only the slight problem was....that I had a possible evening plan of seeing a movie with my roommates later. Who knew how long the line would be in the evening....
So we decided to stick with the 2 hour wait.
Because who knew if Kikay and I would have the time to wait later on.

Lucky us.
The line, even with the crazy ton amount of people. (like the lines for comic con, or Disney Land crazy) we were able to move through the line pretty quickly.
I have to say the bustle of voices wore thin on me pretty fast as well. Especially when we had two girls standing behind us who had those loud carrying voices, where we could hear every. single. word. of their conversation without effort.
Which was annoying. I know it wasn't on purpose. But yeesh. Keep it quiet. I can barely hear myself speak in the crowd, I don't want to hear you guys either.

Still.
We were lucky. And managed to only have to wait in line like an hour, and then we were able to do the tour in an hour. So our '2 hour wait in line' ended up being the whole thing together. Yay us!

But by the end of it, we were both tired and starving.
And wanting dinner.
But we didn't want to stand in another line to get food.
....with it being the Dinnertime Rush though.....
Anywhere we went on a Saturday would end up being busy.
So it was a matter of choosing the shortest wait.

We ended up deciding on Zupas.
But as luck would have it.
We were like 2 minutes too slow in finding parking.
And ended up getting stuck behind a sports team of guys, and a sports team of girls. Jamming up the line.
Which, great, it was a line, but we figured the line would move faster as Zupas is able to move pretty quickly....when people know what they want.
However....
What wasn't as great was the fact that people kept cutting in line in front of us.
Volleyball girls who came up after us, moved ahead of us to join their team mates.
A couple who knew another couple allowed them to cut ahead.
a family with a party who arrived later than them allowed them to cut in line to join them further up.

Which. Was decidedly uncool.
Especially since Kikay and I knew what we wanted. We would have taken like 2 seconds to get everything and go.
But Noo...
*shakes head*
If anything, if you had two parties meeting up, you'd wait at the door, or move back in line to join the latecomers. That's what I would do.
Instead, Kikay and I, and a bunch of other customers stood in line for far too long as both School Teams took forever to get their orders.
Bleh.
Thankfully we finally got our orders and were able to head back to my place, to the relatively quiet atmosphere and eat there in peace.

So,
It goes to show...
That how tolerable standing in line is....really depends on who the people standing in line around you are.
Some make it tolerable.
Others make it miserable.

But!
The Provo City Center Temple Open House was amazing!!
You guys should definitely go! It's beautiful. Heartwarming.
I wish I could have spent the rest of the day in there. :)
Because it's amazing! Such a good spirit there, even with all the people. :)

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment