Saturday, February 6, 2016

Cattarush

I feel like I dodged a stressful bullet today.
I mean, work today was stressful.
It's always stressful when Weekends and Customers are involved.

But, I managed to get the lesser end of the stress load today.

Mostly I think it started with me actually feeling like I got enough sleep last night.
I woke up restful.
At peace.
Really wishing I could just stay in bed and lay in that luxurious feeling all day long. lol.
Instead,
I went to work.
And promptly got hit with a load of 'to dos' and customers making it difficult to get those 'to dos' done as quickly as I could without them in the store.

Yet. It wasn't overwhelming. :)
So that's good.

The main bullet I managed to dodge was with our Adoptions.
As I was on lunch when that particular rush hit.

Namely, we had dogs come into the store to potentially get adopted.
And they set up right next to where we have cats up for adoption.

Creating a potential bottleneck area.
Where people are trying to see cats and dogs at the same time.

Yah...
That's what happened during my lunch break.
At least the start of it.
The dog groups handle their own adoptions.
But for the most part, me and my coworkers are in charge of adopting out the cats.

So there came a call for one of us to go over to cats.
That ended up going to my coworker.

I have no idea what happened there.
But when I got off lunch, she was showing cats to customers.
No big deal, I thought. As I went over to our main department where all our other animals for sale were.

But time passed.
I had to have another coworker come back me up in the dept.
As my coworker with the cats hadn't yet reappeared in our dept.
I checked in on her.
She was showing more people the cats.
My back up coworker...then disappeared.

And where did I find her?
Also helping out with cats.
Literally when I went over there it was a mad house!
The first coworker was placing a cat in a box, while another customer was waiting with money in hand to finish up their own adoption, while my backup coworker was starting the paper work on a third adoption, and there were like two other groups of people waiting to look at the cats that hadn't yet been adopted.
O.O
It was a mad house.
It was the busiest I'd seen the cat adoption/dog adoption area in a while.

I mean, I thought I was busy when I did 3 cat adoptions in a row a couple days ago.
But this....
This was nuts.
Because I didn't see that coworker away from the cat adoption area...
Until the end of my shift.
Three. Hours. Later. ()_()

I am so glad that I missed that particular rush. As I probably would have been frazzled by the end lol.

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment