Sunday, February 21, 2016

Why This Group?

Today I was able to finally meet all but two of my Online Missionary committee at church.
As we had decided to meet up, to figure out what in the world we would do to be able to fulfill our calling to be online missionaries.

*shakes head*
I was the only girl in that meeting.
-We had two missing who were also girls-
But the other half dozen people in the room?
All guys.

Which was great odds for me personally. One girl with six guys.
I should be able to get a date out of that shouldn't I? ;) haha.

In any case.

I understand that God helps you to magnify your callings, help your weaknesses become strengths.
But boy....there is a lot of weakness here.
Not to be harsh...just an observation.

Because in my experience with guys....
They aren't the most active on social media.
Of course there are exceptions to every generalization.
There are guys who are constantly online doing things.

But my group?
Not so much.
We went around, saying what social media platforms they use.
And the guys all basically said "Facebook, but I only check it every now and then."

....yah....We're going to have a long way to go....

Like I said....honestly, I understand that weaknesses can be made into strengths. And this group of online missionaries I'm in charge of could become the best online missionary group ever.

Yet...
I have to wonder,
Why more girls weren't called to be online missionaries.
Because girls are way more social with other people online and in person. They're more likely to reach out to others and find friendships.

It's also....if we were to have an active online presence....
I think a good solution would have been to look online and see who in the ward is the most active in their postings. Who has an actual 'presence' online.
As if they're already online....already comfortable with their social platforms.
Then it would be a lot easier to establish a good ground work for online missionary work.

After all the premise so far is simple.
Reach out to others, Reconnect, Share light (positive things.) online, and just be a force of good in the online community.

So...
this is going to be an interesting group....things aren't always simple, or reasons clear as to why people are called to their callings when they seem inadequate.

Definitely going to be interesting.
At least the group all seems to be keen on at least trying. Keen on fulfilling their callings.
So there's that at least. :)

Here's to this interesting adventure. ;)

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment