Saturday, February 13, 2016

Reverse Tacozanga

A while ago,
I made Tacozanga with my Aunt.
Because she wanted to make it with me, to see how it was done.

And in the course of that....okay, after that.
When I was eating the leftovers.
I ended up flipping the Tacozanga upside down on my plate.

-Just trying to get it out of it's container and such.
And I discovered that with it flipped upside down.
It tasted good. Slightly different, but really good.
I suppose because different flavors were hitting my tongue in a different order than what they'd gotten used to with Tacozanga.

With this discovery.
I wondered.
Could I make Tacozanga upside down?
Like, put in the ingredients backwards so what was on the bottom would be on the top and what was on the top would be on the bottom?

It took me a while.
But finally, I was in the right mood, and had the right ingredients.
-Because I'd just come back from food shopping and bought the ingredients lol.

To make Tacozanga!
And.
I did it upside down. :D

Okay.
You got me.
It wasn't completely opposite order as the Original Tacozanga.
But close enough. :)

I layered the Tater Tots on the bottom of the pan.
Then placed Sliced Cheese on top of them.
That way when I placed the taco meat on top of the cheese, the taco meat juices wouldn't totally soggyfy the tater tots.
Added some salsa on top of that -as who wants salsa soggyfying the tatertos as well?
And placed a layer of flour tortillas on top of that.
Then I layered in the chili
Added more cheese.
Then finished with the Mexican Rice and more cheese
Before covering with another layer of Flour tortillas.

I ended up swapping the beans and the rice because I figured if the Reverse Tacozanga went over the top of my pan, the rice would be less likely to flow everywhere and make a mess like the beans would. :)
In the end, I don't think I needed the last layer of tortillas on top....if I do Reverse Tacozanga again, I may layer it elsewhere in the Tacozanga. Possibly between the beans and the rice.

But the end result.
Has ended up being just as tasty as I expected it to be. :)
I think though, it would be best to eat it immediately upon making. (I made more than enough for leftovers.)
As the tater tots aren't as crunchy as they usually are when placed on top of the tacozanga.

Still. It's very tasty. ^^
Yay for food! :D

lol. I'm glad this reverse Tacozanga turned out well. :) I was halfway worried that this random idea wouldn't do so great.
And it would have been sad to have ruined such a good thing. :S :)
But I didn't!
And there's plenty of Tacozanga for me to partake of and enjoy! :D

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.

Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment