Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Gone and Seen a Movie

All day today I've had Zombies on the Brain.
(Haha. Yes, I think I'm funny. ;) )

Why?
Because yesterday afternoon I went with my roommate to go see Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. :)

Now, usually I don't like Zombie related things.
Mostly because Zombies usually equals horror movies, and I don't like horror movies.
I mean....there's not much else for them really.
They exist to eat brains. Humans have brains. Attack the humans, more zombies arise, there's a flood it's the end of the world, oh no! Horror movie.
*rolls eyes*
Yah.
Not my sort of thing.

Of course, there are always exceptions.
Warm Bodies, iZombie are movies/shows that I have liked to watch.
But you'll notice that there isn't as much.... 'horror attack of a horde of zombies and watch the blood fly everywhere' sort of thing.

I would probably say that PPZ is a good....inbetweener show.

Now.
I will say right up front.
That PPZ is actually exactly the sort of zombie movie I would not want to see.
Except for one thing.

For the past month or so...
I've been on a Pride and Prejudice kick.

Who knows why, but once the 2005 version came on Netflix....
Let's say it's my go to show when I need to have something on the TV.

I'm probably not as obsessed with it as I am with The Flash.
But it is getting up there. lol.

I have no idea why it's struck my interest.
It's just one of those things where I just love it.

In any case.
Because I'm on a P&P kick.
When I heard that PPZ was coming out.
I wanted to see it.

See how the movie was the same.
See how it was different. (obviously Zombies makes it way different.)
But, just see what this take on it would be.

And the movie.
Ah. I actually loved it. :)

I mean, I probably won't go read the book it was based off of anytime soon.
But I loved it. :)
I loved seeing the relationships between the sisters, and the characters.
Loved the warrioresqueness of the girls rushing headlong into danger to decapitate zombies.
Just...well...I enjoyed it. :)
It was a fun take on the story.

I admit...the blood and exploding heads and general creepy half eaten flesh of the zombies was disgusting. How how many people died, and everything...it's probably a movie where I wouldn't want to watch it alone at night. And again...not my movie in general.
But it was really fun to see. :) ^^

I'm still debating about whether or not I want to convince other people to go see it again with me.
Its a movie where I will want to see it again, if only to be able to appreciate the movie further. Since you can't notice everything the first time you see it. ^^
Lol definitely may have to convince others to see it....yes.....

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment