Friday, October 21, 2016

People Watching

It was one of those rare days today.
Where I got out of work early.
Like, super early.
I only worked half of my normal shift.
That's how early I got off today.
Because I was scheduled a short shift.

Do you know how much it felt like I was skipping out on work?
A lot.
But in any case.

Usually when I get off work, I head straight home.
Because I'm tired and I want to lay down and get off my feet for a bit.

But since I got off early today,
I decided that I should once again try the social aspect out.

It helped a bit that I got off work before 11am, which meant I had just enough time to dash to the nearby mall.
And grab myself a delicious Taco Bell Sausage Crunchwrap. ^^ nomnomnom
I haven't had one for forever because 1) I work past 11am 99.9% of the time and 2) on my days off I'm too lazy to get out of bed before noon. ;) haha.

So since I was at the mall.
I decided to hang out in the food court after I was done eating.
And well, write was the main goal.
But I also did a bit of people watching as well.

It's so crazy how many people come to the mall.
Honestly, I never really saw the draw to hang out in such places.
Usually with malls I go to grab something in particular and then I'm gone.
But people legitimately hang out there. *shakes head*

In any case.
It was interesting to see all the different sorts of people.
The families with young kids,
the couples, (oh there were tons of couples)
the old people.
the workers.

Its so interesting just to see how people go about their lives.
How people interact with one another.
Who pays attention to who.
Who hangs out by themselves.
Who obviously looks like they want to be somewhere else.

It really was a fun place to just hang out and watch (when I wasn't writing.)
I have to say, since I was in the writer's frame of mind.
It was fun mostly because I was seeing potential stories everywhere.

A guy sitting at a table, a girl sitting at another nearby. Both blissfully unaware of the other.
What if they met?

A young mother with three kids, expertly keeping them from fighting, keeping a particular eye on her young son that had a light saber out.
-What if he's going to be the next Jedi Master?

An Old man, shuffling along by himself. Humming to an old forgotten melody as he finds a place to sit.
-What if he used to be a master of music? A master of dance?

A boy and a girl meet up with excited smiles, hugging in greeting. Interrupted by a guy who knew the boy, and wanted to say hi before awkwardly leaving the couple alone.
-Love triangle? meh, cliché. A chance encounter that brightened someone's day?

A worker watering the plants (that I thought were fake) keeping his head down so no one pays attention to him.
-An undercover agent watching a suspect.

Honestly. lol.
The potential for stories were everywhere there today.
Which was rather fun!
If distracting when I was just trying to focus on one particular story. ^^ haha.

I may have to drop by and people watch there again sometime soon. :D

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment