Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Escaping the Fumes

There are days when one must think outside the box.

Tonight was one of those nights.

You see, for the past....well its probably going on two weeks now if anything.
I've been focused on a handful of different yet slightly similar plot ideas for potential stories.

Which have yet to be written down as I'm finding it difficult to do so.

But I needed to write down the ideas just so I could have an easier time keeping the slightly different characters unique and separate.

Usually I just jot them down in a notebook.

But I was having trouble with that.

So I decided to try a different route.
Something new.

Which ended up with me sprawled on a hardwood floor.
Blank printer paper scatter about me.
Scrawling different ideas and diagrams and explanations onto the blank paper with a black marker.

So it would be bold.
it would be unique.
It would let me think without having to be confined with the lines of regular notebook paper.

Which was an excellent idea!
It did well to relieve a bit of the stress of trying to remember everyone in my head.

Only.
There was a slight drawback.

I totally chose the wrong marker.

Not in that it didn't write.
The black marker wrote really well.

No the mistake came from the marker itself.
More specifically.
The smell it was giving off.

Boy.
That thing was Potent.

You could literally smell this black marker across the room.
And the room is at least 18 feet long.
(As I was doing this on the floor in the Living room/Kitchen area)

Yah, extremely strong marker.
Strong enough that the fumes were making me dizzy after a few minutes of jotting.
So I had to stop.

Which I figured once I stopped it would stop the smell too.

But oh no.
That marker is Potent with a capital P.

Even with the cap firmly on.
I can still smell the fumes.

As I believe it's coming from the papers that now hold the marker's marks.

So.
Strong.

I've had to move the papers to a different room just for some peace to my nose.

Definitely not using that marker again. *shudders*
Me and my nose have definitely learned that lesson.

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment