Tuesday, October 25, 2016

The Price of Being Social

I think I'm allergic to socializing.

Okay, not literally.
but it feels that way.

As I've noticed, the past few times when I've gone 'outside of the norm'
And went to public spaces and hung out for a bit, mingling with other people.
(outside of work and church as that is 'normal socializing' for me.)

That a day or two after this 'out of the norm' socializing...

I end up with a major headache.

It's like a delayed stress reaction or something.

I mean, I spent the day at the mall and "Wham. Headache."
Go to a party and the day after. "Wham headache."
Go shopping outside of normal shopping places. and you guessed it. Headache.

So.
Apparently I'm allergic to socializing. ;) haha.

Okay, allergies are probably not the best comparison.

It's more like....my socializing muscles have atrophied.
And so when I randomly use them, they're not used to being used, and so get sore and tense....and give me a headache.

It's probably comparable to running a mile...when you haven't run a mile since High School.
You can do it.
But the next day....you feel like you want to die.

That with any form of exercise you don't normally do I suppose.

Which leaves me with two options.

1.) Refrain from socializing outside of the normal zones.

or
2.) Keep up socializing so I can 'train' myself to be better in public spaces and not get tensed out everytime I do so.


lol
As easy as option 1 would be.
I think I'm going to stick with option 2.
I just need to find more opportunities to 'train' myself so that I can endure longer periods of being social. Hopefully that will mean less cases of headaches coming from such social endeavors.

But that definitely means in the meantime....until I build up my endurance....
I'm probably going to end up with a lot of headaches.

Ah. The sacrifices one must make for a social life. ;) haha.

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment