Wednesday, October 12, 2016

The Quick Downturn

I'm not surprised that it happened.
Kinda disappointed that it did.
But it wasn't unexpected.

As you see.
Basically everyone around me has been sick.
Coworkers and Roomies.

So it was only a matter of time before I caught whatever it was making other people miserable.
I mean, I tend to be pretty healthy overall.
But that doesn't mean that I don't get sick.

Well.
I got sick.
Today.

The typical head cold sort of sick.
Runny nose, aching ears, tight chest, aching muscles.

Hopefully it stays in the 'irritating' phase where it just makes working unpleasant, but still doable.
We'll see.

In any case.

What's rather crazy is that I was fine earlier today.
Like.
Totally healthy, no issues whatsoever besides the typical sleep deprivedness that comes from staying up waaaaayyy later than I was supposed to.

But towards the end of my shift.
Within like the last half hour before I was off.

I started feeling not as good.
The dry throat that begs for water.
Slight ache to the limbs.
The tightness to my chest.
The beginning of the sniffles.

It was that quick. Like half an hour.
One moment I was fine.
The next I wasn't.

*shakes head*

Thankfully I was basically off.
So I could leave work and go grab my favorite cold remedies of Jamba Juice and Zupas.
Before heading home to crash.

I'm honestly expecting to be miserable for the next week unfortunately.
That's how long it seems to last for everyone else.

But hopefully, I can survive work in the morning, and then spend the next couple of days just resting to recuperate before having to go back to work.

Guess we'll see.
In any case....
This probably will be an excellent reason to actually go to bed early....
(ah the lies I tell myself. ;) lol)

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment