Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Celebration All Around

^^ I Love Fireworks. 
Seriously.
Whenever I buy a house, It will be on the top of my list that my home affords me a fantastic view of any and all fireworks that will be going off in the area around this time of year. 
Because AHHHH I LOVE WATCHING THEM!!

It was fantastic last night because I got to meet up with my family for our yearly tradition of watching the fireworks at the local golf course.
Because those fireworks are amazing!!! Love them. ^^ They always make me smile and it's such bright happy colors up close that just make me smile and my soul soar really. 

So it's definitely a highlight to my year when the fireworks come. ^^

But usually the main celebratory stuff comes with my family the day before the 4th of July.

Today, the holiday itself...we don't really do anything if we're not already out of town for a family reunion or something.

This year was one of those rarer years where I was in town for the 4th.
In a new spot.

While my roomies were off doing other things, I hung out at home.
Depeopling for a bit because I wasn't in the mood to socialize after work.

But I could hear the fireworks going off. 
A lot of them.
Nearby.

And it was driving me crazy because unfortunately, the view we have from the house....is blocked by these huge trees.
So what fireworks I could see....were through the branches. Not as fun as seeing them up close at the golf course that's for sure lol. 

But I remembered that on Saturday my roomies and I had gone up the street a bit, to where the houses fall away and the valley is laid out before us.

Unable to take it any more that I couldn't see the fireworks I could hear all around me,
I hopped into my car and drove to that spot.

And wow. 
Just wow.

The entire valley was lit up in a cacophony of celebration!
There were fireworks everywhere I looked!!

Some close, some far, some midway in between.
Fireworks lit up the valley below me.
And it was sooooo amazing to watch.

There was just something relaxing and soothing about watching the fireworks all around with their pops and bangs more muted. 

If it weren't for the fact that it was dark and outside...I would have loved to just sit and work on my writing projects while I watched the explosions all around.

While the golf course fireworks will always be number one in my heart.
These valley fireworks come in at a good second. ^^

I loved it and it's my new favorite thing. lol Definitely going to keep note of this for next year. ^^

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment