Wednesday, July 5, 2017

A LowKey Day

I was planning for a rather lowkey birthday today.
Mostly because my energy levels have been on the lower end of the spectrum for the past week or so.
So I figured that it wouldn't be a good idea to do too much socializing or partying as I didn't think I would be able to keep up the energy levels required for interacting with a bunch of other people.

Which is always interesting, that some years I'm craving a huge party, and other years like this year, I'm just fine staying home by myself and enjoying the quiet.

It wasn't a day of total isolation though.
As I did have work this morning.

Which I hadn't requested the day off because I wasn't in the mood to play nanny to the managers and have to keep checking in on them as the last four times (if not more) that I've put in Time off Requests....they've vanished. And I've only caught the fact that they are no where to be found in the nick of time so I could still go on the planned vacations I had.

So not wanting to go through the effort or stress of wondering if I would actually get the day off, I didn't request the day off.
*shrugs*
It's not like I would have been doing anything that morning anyways lol. Since most of my friends work the mornings as well, it's easier to do something in the evening if I was wanting to do something.

In any case.

The morning started off in a mini adventure with me coming into work only to discover that the manager hadn't yet arrived.
Which was concerning since two other coworkers had been waiting for at least an hour and a half before I showed up to get into the store. :S
Unfortunately for them, they didn't have the manager's number so they had no way to contact him.
But thankfully, I had the number and a quick ring later had me waking the manager up from a dead sleep. 
Which meant that I had like 15 minutes or so of sitting in my car getting paid to work without having to work haha. XD 
-My manager later said it was my birthday present. XD lol. 

Work itself was fine, I was finding fun in people going. O.O It's Your Birthday?!?! Happy Birthday!! lol. ^^ 
Plus I got awesome Detective Conan gifts from a friend there. ^^ Which considering that's been my obsession for the past little while, it was awesome!! Had me giddy. ^^ 

Though, I could feel myself getting overdrawn energy wise.
As I was making more of an effort to be extra cheerful today.
After all, it's my birthday. I should be happy right? lol.

But by the end of my shift I was tired. 
So tired. 

However, I had some errands I was thinking of running as I got off work....
When I got a random phone call.
I mean the number looked slightly familiar, but since I hadn't saved it as a name, it must not have been a number I knew. So I ignored it.

Only for that number to text me a moment later.

Who was it?
My sister. Using a neighbor's phone. 
Who was asking when I would get home, because she had somehow locked herself out of our house. O.o Without her phone or her keys. 
*shakes head*

So I dashed home to rescue her, only for her to be nowhere in sight when I showed up. :S
Cue the paranoia about kidnappers, but don't worry she was just waiting in the neighbor's home for me to get back. 

So, yah, quite the mini adventures all around today. ^^ Definitely was a lowkey birthday day for me, because as I expected, my energy levels reached empty later on and I ended up ending the day feeling like my head was going to be split in half.
Honestly...I should know myself better than to get myself a headache for my birthday. How uncool is that? *shakes head* 

Still. Here's to another year of adventure!! ^^

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment