Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Too Thin

It's kinda funny how you don't realize how much something bugs you....until you're confronted with it.

So. 
I have a new manager over my department. 
And like a week or so ago, he left a note saying that we were using too much of the bedding in our small pet cages. That we should be able to do the bedding changes with only two bags of bedding. 

O.o
I had no idea how that was possible.
Because since like the very beginning, I've always used three bags of bedding to reline the cages after I cleaned them. It's basically one bag per side. (3 sides) 
More recently, its been more like 3 1/2 bags because we've been using more colored bedding and for whatever reason, the colored bedding isn't packed as tightly as the non-colored stuff. So I end up needing to use more of it. *exhales* 

But using two bags??
I had no idea how that was possible. 

Today though, I got a chance to see what the manager meant.
As he opened with me, and was the one to clean the cages. 

Turns out it is possible to use just two bags.
But not in a method I like.

The bedding is super thin. 
Thinner than I've ever seen it.
Than I've ever been told to do it. I was told to have the bedding half an inch to an inch thick.
The bedding in the cages is well under that half inch really. 
Thin enough that if the hamsters/guinea pigs move the bedding the wrong way it exposes the black bottom of the cage below. 

Which I don't think is a good idea....I feel like it would be more difficult to clean the cage because not as much would be caught by the bedding, leaving a sticky grimy mess that has to be scrubbed hard afterwards. 

Plus...I just don't think it looks good. 

*exhales*
Yah...I never knew how much thin bedding would bother me until I saw it. But oh. It's bugging me to see so little bedding there. *shakes head* I guess we'll see how it works this week....until then....I think I'm going to have to ignore that section of the store as much as possible because it's like an itch I can't scratch. I don't want to see the bottom of the cage. >.< *exhales* It's like...against everything I've been told by other managers. 
*shakes head*
Every manager has their quirks.....it's only a matter of getting used to it. Or...adjusting it to suit everyone better. 

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment