Thursday, July 13, 2017

Solo Time

Why is it....that whenever I plan to have a "do nothing day" that that's the day when everyone suddenly wants to do things? 

I've been looking forward to having a day off for the past week or so.
Because last week I over extended myself a bit in the socializing.
And I've been working to get my social battery recharged.
The best way to do that is to have time by myself. 
Relaxing after work helps a bit. 
But really a day away from any social interaction is best.
Which is why I'm looking forward to a day off. 
A day away from work.
Away from people.
Able to just relax at home and get the things done here that I haven't had the energy to do before because work has exhausted me. 

In any case.
It's weird.
That on the days where I actively have plans to 'do nothing' but be home.
That's when everyone wants to do something. 
Like it's not even that I've told anyone about my plans.
It's just something I keep quiet. 

Yet....
Suddenly, after basic radio silence. 
I become popular.
Suddenly people are wanting to know if I want to do something with them.

When in reality I really just want to be by myself.
*exhales* 

Sometimes I wonder if it's a sign that I should be trying to be more social.
Other times...I just can't manage the energy to do so. 
This is one of those times. 

I need the me time. 
The alone time.
To recenter myself. 
So sorry people. It will have to be a different day that we hangout. 

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment