Tuesday, July 18, 2017

The Rearranging Undertaking

So for the past couple of days, my sister has noticed that one of the angelfish in my fish tank hasn't been acting as perky.

Which comes nearly a couple of weeks after adding in an angelfish to my group of seven because my manager was moving and wanted someone he knew would take good care of his fish to take his fish.
So I ended up with eight angelfish. 

But adding in the big guy created a bit of tension among my other seven angelfish. 
Basically they needed to all re-sort themselves out in their hierarchy to add in the eighth angelfish. 
Which has ended up with a lot of fighting and chasing around. Much more than there used to be.

In any case.
One of the angelfish hasn't been acting right the past couple of days.
And Kikay and I decided that it might be that that angelfish is suffering from a lack of a buddy because we think her buddy buddied up with the big guy or perhaps one of the other angelfish.
In any case. 
She wasn't happy. 
And so we were talking about maybe we needed to add in another angelfish or two to see if they would buddy up with that angelfish. 

Nothing definite had been put in place decision wise. 
And today when I got into work, my mind had gone a completely different route.
I'm not even sure how I got on that mind path lol.

But I was considering buying a couple of fish decorations to put in my tank. You know. To switch it up and possibly help mess up the territories of the fish so that they'd not pick on each other so much. 
Mostly it was because I really really wanted a particular pirate ship.
I mean, this particular decoration had been on my 'want' list since I first got my tank in November. lol We just hadn't had it in stock for ages and by the time we got it on our shelves at work....my tank had already been set up and established and I didn't want to mess with my tank.

But when we got the decoration in....I kept it on the backburner of wants. 
and now that Want had come to the forefront of my mind.
I wanted to redecorate a little bit. 
Change the look of my tank.

So I sent my sister a text while I was at work that basically said: "How crazy m I if I said I'm thinking about redecorating my 125 by adding in a couple new ornaments?" 

And her response was: "Depends on what you are wanting to replace.....an if it includes two more angelfish" lol. 

Since I already had 8 angelfish in my tank I wasn't too keen on adding in anymore.
I mean I originally only wanted to have 2 in my tank. And look I'm already four times over that limit.
Still, for kicks and giggles I glanced at the angelfish in question that we had in our tanks and actually saw a couple that I liked. 

And I did want to try and make the sad angelfish in my tank happy again. 
So if that meant adding in a couple more angels...why not? 
However, it wasn't like I could put the fish in a bag and leave them in a corner until I got off work.
and leaving them in the tanks themselves always comes with a risk because customers may decide they want the fish and get it before I can. 

So I told my sister that if she came to work to look at the angelfish, then I would get some.

Because I'd found one I liked, but wasn't sure on the second one.
But also because I wanted her opinion on other fish I'd had my eyes on since Friday that I was still debating about getting. 

Plus, if the angelfish perked up by adding in some littler angelfish, then I wouldn't need to buy new decorations. But if Kikay came and got the fish before I was off work and watched them in the new tank environment then she could let me know if she thought I would also need to mix up the territories and rearrange the decorations as well. 

So Kikay came into the store.
And we decided on a couple mostly black angelfish to place in the tank.
But I also got some help firming up my decision to get three more goldfish in my tank as well. -Two assorted fantails, and one black moor- to go with my single mini goldfish already in my 125. 

-I'd named the original goldfish TatorTot. XD lol. And so the other three goldfish are named French Fry, Onion Ring, and Corn Dog. Because why not? XD lol 

We also -thanks to my coworker showing us him- ended up buying a betta as well. This one dark blue with burnt orange fins to place in one of my empty betta tanks upstairs (because the betta in it before had died.) 

So fish in hand, I sent my sister off to discover how our newest fish would do in their tanks.

And before the workday was out, Kikay sent me a message saying that she thought it would be a good idea to redecorate the tank a bit to see if that would help the new Angelfish integrate a bit more with the older ones. 

I happily obliged and bought the ship I wanted along with a couple more plants that I thought looked cool. 

And once I got home, I spent a good hour working with Kikay with rearranging the tank. 
Because it ended up becoming more complicated than moving a couple ornaments around and switching a couple of plants.
Lol. No, because the ship ended up needing to face a different direction than I'd originally planned, I needed to rethink the plan. 
Good thing Kikay is an artist as she was able to help direct me to placing plants and decorations in my 125 so that they would look good.
And after about an hour of that....we'd rearranged everything in the tank.
But decided that we still needed a couple more decorations, namely a couple taller plants, to round out the tank and make it look great.

So we ventured back to my work to do some plant shopping. 
And ended up buying another betta fish in the process -this one red- to place in my 125 downstairs. 
I already had one betta in there (I had two but one had died on the 4th :( ) and since I was messing up the territories, it would be the perfect time to add in another betta to see if he'd get along with the older betta since everything would be messed up. 

So purchases in hand we returned home, and spent another half hour or so incorporating the new plant decorations into the tank before we had it all as we wanted it. ^^ Yay!

lol I even put the betta fish in there, and he promptly went and found the older beta's territory. *exhales* Six feet of tank....you'd think the bettas could just pick a side and stay away from each other.
The new guy eventually figured it out. Hopefully he'll do well. Time will tell. 

And so our tank was complete!
Tada!! It's so pretty!! ^^ 
lol we refer to my tank as the Pixar Tank because it's so bright and colorful. ^^ 

Everything was going well.....
Until we noticed that the one angelfish that we'd bought the two new angelfish for and redecorated the tank for....wasn't doing so good. 

Y_Y and within like the hour....
The angelfish had died. Y_Y 
So instead of having 10 I was down to 9. 

And because the Angelfish are my sister's fish (because she loves them) and had named them and such. I asked her if she wanted a replacement angel for the one that died. 
To which she said Yes. 

lol. As we've named the Angelfish after Beauty and the Beast Characters. (Gaston is the big new guy) 
and it just didn't feel right to have one missing from the set you know? 

Me...I was willing to let it wait a few days since the one angel had just died.
Let the tank settle down again since I'd just added in six fish already and stirred up the gravel a bit with all the rearranging. 
But Kikay brought up the point that Angelfish like to have friends, and if lone angelfish are put into the tank...they don't do well. And if I waited....I'd end up getting two more angelfish to make sure that the new angel had a friend. :S And like I said....I had only wanted two in the beginning. Ending up with 11 was a bit excessive.

But we decided that if we went back to my work right then, then it would all be well because we already had got two angelfish today and a few hours wouldn't make much of a difference in their attitudes lol. 

So for the third time today...I walked through my work's doors. 
And the cashier noticed and called me out for it. "Sarnic you're back again?! This is like the third time?!" 
Well...what can I say? lol. It's difficult to leave work. ;) lol. 

We did end up finding an angelfish that my sister liked to replace the one that just died. 
Took it home.
And thankfully that one has found the other two new ones and the three of them are sticking pretty close together.
Which is good considering they're like 1/6th of the size of the others lol. 

Here's to hoping that all my new fish do well!!

Plus, I'm so grateful that I didn't need to go back a 4th time today to the store. XD lol 

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment