Sunday, July 2, 2017

More Fish

So, I got some new fish yesterday. 
Because my manager is moving out of town soon, and he had a large fish tank. 
lol only about half the size of mine, but still large regardless. 
And unfortunately his new place more than likely won't allow him to set up his fish tank. 

Which means he needs to find someplace for his fish to go.
Most of them he'd already gotten rid of through a variety of means because he wasn't planning on taking them with him in the first place.

But he had three fish.
An Angelfish and Two Clown Loaches that he'd wanted to take with him originally, but now couldn't.

But he didn't want to just give them away to people he didn't know, nor place them in our display tanks as people tend to like to buy angelfish even if they're not technically for sale in our display tanks. 

Which is where I come in.
Because like I said earlier. I have a giant fish tank. ^^ lol 
So my manager asked me if I wanted to take in his fish. 

Which I'm rather picky on the type of fish I'll accept into my tank.
Mostly because I don't want to end up with a bunch of fish I didn't want in the first place you know?
I don't want to be a 'rescue' tank where I just take in everyone's unwanted fish. 

And at first I was reluctant to take them. 
Because I already have 7 angelfish in my tank. :S 
I've already experienced a little bit of trouble with those angels the first time around lol.
When I started out with two, had one die, waited a bit to get a second friend, and the original and the new one fought, so I had to get a third to relieve the tension....and then ended up with four more after that because I'm indecisive. ;) lol 
But adding in a lone angelfish. To my already established tank of Angels...I didn't want to have fighting in my tank. Because if the new Angelfish didn't get along with my other angels...what would I do with it?

I was also semi-wary of bringing in my manager's clown loaches as well. As they tend to be bottom feeders and I already have like 6 other bottom feeders in my tank. I didn't want them to have to compete with each other, especially since the clown loaches are going to get much much bigger than my other feeders.

However after thinking about it I decided to give them a chance.
and told my manager that I would take his fish.

lol I was expecting him to drop by after work -as he helped me move my tank in the first place when I first bought it. 
But to my surprise my manager dropped off his fish almost halfway through my shift. 
Which meant I wouldn't be able to get home for a few more hours. 
And I didn't want the fish to be stuck in a tiny container for hours -because those three were HUGE compared to my other fish lol. 
So I had Kikay come by work to pick them up and get them into my tank before they stressed out too much. 

Unsurprisingly upon getting into my tank, the Angelfish all promptly began establishing their hierarchy. Fighting a bit among each other. Though thankfully it seems to have mostly settled down as everyone gets used to having another angelfish in their tank.
The clown loaches just seem to be happy with more space lol. So far I haven't seen any issues from them.

Though only time will tell. :) 

For now. Yay! New fish!

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi


No comments:

Post a Comment