Thursday, September 19, 2019

Dead Phone

To an outsider it's probably pathetic how desperate I was to charge my phone. 

As I had thought I had charged it over night....
Only upon arriving at work, I discovered that the plug had probably been pulled out of the socket and didn't charge my phone at all as when I looked at my phone...it showed only 15% battery.

Not. Good. 
But if this does happen, which it does on occasion, it's usually no big deal. 
Because I've taken to keeping a portable battery pack and charger cord in my purse.
So if my phone gets low when I'm out and about.
I can just whip it out and TADA it's charging!

However, I didn't have my battery pack today.
No, last night I had taken it out of my purse to charge it as it too was getting low and needed to be 'refilled.'
And in the midst of getting ready this morning I had completely spaced grabbing it.

So there I was at work.
With 15% battery.

And I knew it wouldn't last me that long.
And it didn't.
Within two hours of it just basically sitting there.
It died. 

Not that I hadn't tried to find a way to charge it.
I had asked my other two coworkers if they had cords that would fit my phone.
They didn't.
I tore apart multiple rooms in the store where I had seen charging cords....to find that the ones I did find....didn't fit my phone. 

I even texted my roommate asking her to bring my battery pack and charging cord.
But not everyone checks their phone first thing in the morning.
And I figured that they would probably get to work before seeing the message.
So it was kinda long shot text that received no answer before my phone died.

And like.
It shouldn't be that big of a deal.
I could survive six more hours without my phone before I could get home and charge it.
I mean I would be working like...the entire time and should only miss it on my lunch break as I usually scroll through my phone while on break. 

And before my phone died I had sent out a text to my family warning them that my phone was about to die, so if they texted me and I didn't respond....that was why.

So like, I knew my family knew so they wouldn't be surprised if I didn't respond. 

But at the same time.
I was trying hard to not stress over it. Freak out over my phone dying.

And I'm pretty sure it's just part of my own type of PTSD from Mother Dearest passing away last November.

Because both Daddoo and Kikay had tried to contact me about what was happening with Mother Dearest....
But I hadn't had my phone on me. 
Because I was at work.
And usually for the first couple of hours that I'm at work, before my first break, I leave my phone in my locker because I'm often doing more of the deeper cleaning and I don't want my phone to fall out of my pocket or something while I'm doing that. 

And because I didn't have my phone on me.
I didn't find out what was happening until Kikay rushed into the store and told me face to face.

Honestly, I don't know which would be better....to find out over text....or in person.

But like....I would have known sooner if I had had my phone on me.

So like....*shrugs* I suppose I find it difficult to be away from my phone even more now.
Because it's just that feeling of what if I miss something. 

Honestly though...I still leave my phone in my locker the first couple of hours I'm at work....unless it's a 'bad' day mentally/emotionally for me then I don't.

But like.
Knowing that there would be like 6 hours where I wouldn't be able to talk to anyone?
Yah.
It stressed me out.

However.
In the end.
My roommate did see my text and brought my battery pack to me right as the store opened!
....Only they hadn't grabbed the right charging cord. 
Not yay.
They'd just grabbed the one already hooked into the battery pack -as I was charging the battery pack 
and not the phone charger cord that would go into the battery pack and my phone that was lying next to it.

Couldn't fault her though. Like it was early and she probably was in a hurry.

But oh, it was so disappointing to see hope on the horizon...only to have it snatched away. 

*exhales*

Like...at this point I had resigned myself to being phoneless.
Again, shouldn't have been that big of a deal to be off the grid for a few hours. 

But it was. 

And in one last ditch effort, I went over to the receptionist at the vet office in the store and was like "Do you have a phone charger for this type of phone."
To which they said, maybe. They would have to go get it as it was in their car.

And ah. 
The agony of waiting.

I'd already resigned myself to it not fitting.
Because the other two cords hadn't fit.

BUT!

When they brought it to me. 
IT FIT!!

I could finally charge my phone!
YES!!

It was such a relief to me.
To know that my phone was charging and that I would be able to use it.

So yah.
That was the trial of today.
Minor to some. Major to others.
But I'm glad I got my phone charged so I wouldn't have to stress as much for the day. 

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment