Monday, September 16, 2019

Short Staffed

I'm officially down to three people officially in my department.
Me. And Two other coworkers. 

*exhales*

That's....not good. 

Because like bare minimum my department needs to have a morning, midday, and evening worker.
Which is...three.
And considering that we all have to have at least 2 days off....
There's multiple days in there where there would only be two of us scheduled for the entire day.

And it's just....not good. 

Gah.
I mean, technically. We're not that short staffed as we do have three managers and a couple other associates who are trained in my department, but they're not officially in my department.

So they were mostly supposed to be just to you know...be there to pinch hit in case people go on vacations and such or multiple people end up sick.

But with just three of us officially in my department?
Things are spread rather thin.
Super thin.

I mean we'd do best with a crew of 6-8 coworkers in my department.
Which would give us the ability to have like 2 people in the mornings and 2 in the evenings and maybe even a mid.

And with the holiday season fast approaching, we need all the workers we can get. 

*exhales*
Though that's been....rather difficult to find apparently.

Because a lot of the applicants that have come through have had really specific scheduling requests.

Like only wanting to work a couple of days a week, or only wanting to work for the four hour block between their school classes.

And like....our store doesn't work like that.
We don't have consistent schedules as each week we're given a varying amount of hours which then need to be spread between all the departments.
Which means that the hours you work and the times you work each day will vary by the week.

So we do best with the people who have a bit more...flexibility in their schedules so we can slot them in however they're needed in the store.

I do know that we have hired a couple more people....though only one of them is supposed to be in my department...the others are supposed to be coming on in other departments in order to facilitate people in those departments being able to move to my department....

So hopefully....we won't be short staffed for too long.
Though this next couple of weeks is not going to be fun. *exhales*

Until you next read these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment