Saturday, September 7, 2019

Selling Stress

I have to say that I admire all the Vendors who came out to FanX this weekend to sell their stuff, especially those individuals who were selling things they'd made, drawn, or written.

Like...I feel like I would be a stress case the entire time.
Worrying that I would have gone through all this effort to create things....
Only for none of it to sell.

Which with around like 100,000 people present for the event.
The odds that you would sell NOTHING are really rather low.

I mean there's a market for everyone and everyone for a market.
So if you had a booth with products for sell at the convention....you probably sold something.

But still.
I can't imagine the stress.
Especially if the vendor next to you is selling things like hotcakes...and you're just sitting there...with maybe just one or two sales under your belt.

It was also interesting to see how like....
Artists were more laid back. Kinda like "Hey, here's my art, I'm gonna be drawning, lemme know if you buy anything."

While the authors were a bit more proactive being like "Hey, do you like reading? Well I wrote THIS BOOK and you SHOULD read it! Here take this card about MY BOOK and it's also on these other online places too."

Just like. Gotta applaud everyone and their efforts and such.

Because like...with my quiet voice, I honestly don't know how well I would do trying to sell things....which they would probably be books if anything if I ever chose to go the self publishing route. 
But like...soft voice. Place with 100,000 people and loud music and chaos happening everywhere?

Ha.
I would probably need to invest in a microphone system so I could be heard really.

Still.
It was fun to see all the Vendors and all the various works by people. Like *shakes head* Crazy. 

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment