Monday, September 30, 2019

Newbies

It's that time of year again.
Well...I don't think it's really a 'time' of year.

But it's that point in time where we again have a bunch of new workers coming into the store.
So it's that time of 'training' again.
Where you have to deal with the greenies not knowing anything about anything and so you constantly have to break away from your own tasks to help them out in theirs.

Today it was a new cashier.
Like brand new first day on the register cashier.

Which is always....fun. 
Because you never know what sort of complications you'll get on register.
Whether it's ringing up salon invoices, putting in skus for animals, or returning things....
Every transaction can be different.

And if you have no idea what you're doing...then every transaction can result in the cashier needing help in learning how to do the thing because they haven't had to do that thing before.

It wasn't that big of a deal this time around.
As we weren't that busy.
But I am grateful that I had other people in the store who were able to go up and assist so I wasn't the only one going up to help out. 

It's going to continue this week.
As I have a new associate in my department that I will be training in a couple of days.
So that will be fun.
It's been a while since I've actually had the opportunity to train someone as the last couple of people haven't really come in on the morning shifts with me but have come in later so I couldn't really train them.

Hopefully the new people do well. ^^;; Because we desperately need them since we're short staffed currently. 

Until you next see these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment