Friday, September 23, 2022

All The Rocks

 It's been a while since I've been to a gem faire. 

Mostly because the last handful of them have occured on weekends when I either a) am out of town or b) have to work hours that make it impossible to visit said gem faire.

Like....I think today was the first one this year I've been to? I'm not even positive I made it to one last year.....I know I've been to the gem fair at least once during the pandemic. Maybe twice. So this might be the third time?

In any case.

For an even that happens at least 3 if not 4 times a year in my area....the fact that I've missed it so much is....not crazy but crazy you know?

And I wasn't quite sure what to expect this time around either.

Like there's a comic-con happening this weekend as well nearby too. So I wasn't sure if there would be crowds of people wanting to look at rocks when they could go be geeking out elsewhere.

Lol needless to say. A lot of people like rocks. As it was pretty crowded by the time I made it up that way after I got off work.

And two hours is definitely not enough time to actually look and enjoy the gem fair before having to rush to buy things before the place closes down for the night.

Plus. So. Many. People.

Yeesh. I know crowds are a thing and it probably wasn't as crowded as tomorrow will probably be. But it was definitely more people milling around than I expected. 

BUT!!

This gem faire was AWESOME.

Because they had sooooooo many rock stalls this time around. Like it felt like twice as many as before since it feels like 95% of the gem faire is usually jewelry/bead stands.

But this time it might have been more like 25% of the place was rocks rocks and more rocks.

And the biggest find of the day was the fact that there was a stall that had BLUEBERRY QUARTZ!!!

Which is like....Blue Quartz similar to the Strawberry/Cherry quartz you see where instead of red swirls in clear quartz you have blue swirls and ITS THE BEST!

I've only seen them in person once before and that was years ago in some store in Arizona. Like maybe up to a decade ago that I saw them.

Though I have seen them online.....

This is the first time in the valley that I actually found blueberry quartz!!!

And it's not like tiny 2-3 inch pieces of quartz.

No these blue pieces were like 6-12 inches long and a good 2-3 inches wide.

They were HUGE!!

And for the size the price of them was actually pretty good. Like still alot of money. But considering I haven't SEEN these Anywhere else. They were well worth it! lol. I ended up buying 2 pieces because I could. and I LOVE THEM!

I'm actually debating about whetehr or not I should go back this weekend to the fair --earlier in the day so that I can spend more time browsing and looking and see what I can see that I missed...and maybe pick up a few pieces that I didn't get a chance to buy in the last minute run around I was doing trying to get things for friends before the place closed today.

Overall. It was a great day and despite the multitude of people I had more fun than I was expecting. ^^;;

Until you next find these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment