Wednesday, September 28, 2022

Pizza Pizza

 It's always a semi-adventure when it comes to ordering pizza.

Mostly because the local places seem to have a hard time keeping delivery drivers on hand to be able to get pizzas out to people. 

So like half the time, when I go online to try and order a pizza for delivery....the website will day "delivery isn't available at this time."

Which I can get.

Delivery Drivers don't always get the best reactions from customers and it's alot of driving for who knows how much pay.

So can't fault that....even if it means I either have to go to the store to get my pizza...or I go without pizza that day.

In any case.

Monday I ended up having a bit of a hankering for pizza.

Mostly because it was a busy weekend and the roomies and I were all feeling "meh" about making our own food. Low energy and such.

So I was like "Oh! I can order pizza!" 

Because Pizza is good and easy to eat and can last for a few days which is great when I come home from working closing shifts and am starving and need a quick something to eat.

So.

I tried the website. 

And upon discovering that it was a "Yes, we can deliver!" day. Ran the idea past the roomies about ordering pizza.

To which there was a resounding YES!!

And it all went well with ordering on the website.

.....

Until I got to the payment option.

And I was confronted with a rather....large hurdle.

"We aren't accepting credit cards at this time." Or something like that.

But basically Credit Cards, Gift Cards, Pay Pal...all the electronic methods of payment....were down on the website.

Which RUDE.

And also left only one option left if we wanted pizza delivered.

And that was paying with Cash.

Which Ha.

Who really carries cash around anymore?? Most people tend to pay in card or via their phone. 

So Cash?! 

It made me wonder if this was a sly way to decrease the amount of online orders the store was getting so that they could keep up with demand and still have available drivers as again...not everyone has enough cash on hand to pay for their pizza.

Usually I don't either.

But lucky me...I had a bunch of cash on me still because I hadn't spent all the money I withdrew from the bank to go to the gem fair with. 

(As oftentimes people give you better deals if they see you paying with cash instead of cards.) 

But with how crazy I went with the gem fair....I ended up using my card a bit more than I did the cash I had on hand.

So I still had plenty left to cover the cost of a couple pizzas for me and my roomies as well as tip the driver.

SO HA.

Take that pizza place.

You can't deny me my desire to eat pizza while avoiding having to go anywhere to get it! 

And I have to say. The food was well worth it. SOOO TASTY.

So glad I had the cash on hand because that pizza was well needed lol.

Until you next find these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment