Saturday, September 17, 2022

Influence

 I got to see and hold my best friend's baby yesterday.

Which babies are sooo cute, especially this one, but they're soo small and floppy and it's...it's just weird to think my friend is a parent now. *shakes head* lol.

It's not quite as weird as realizing that my siblings are going to be parents soon because like....it never quite hits that your younger siblings are adults. In some part of my mind it's just like "No, they're still teenagers." Even though we've all been graduated from high school for ages now lol. 

In any case.

Friend's baby. 

Such the cutest little thing!! 

And surprisingly....the baby was pretty calm in my arms. Like...much calmer than expected apparently for being under a month old.

lol as my friend mentioned that beyond one grandparent, the baby usually fusses when being held by anyone else who isn't mom and dad. All the siblings and the other grandparents the baby just fusses.

But with me? Practically calmed down and fell right back to sleep in my arms. 

Soooo CUTE!

lol and my friend was theorizing that the reason the baby is so calm around me...is because they possibly heard my voice a lot when in the womb, because my friend and I would chat all the time at work and such. So for the past 9 months the baby has been hearing my voice when I've worked together with my friend, and so it's more recognizable and maybe the baby recognizes me as something familiar and so stays calmer.

It's kinda crazy to think about actually.

How my voice could be heard by the baby in the womb. How I was around enough for it to be recognized as something calming. Just how influential it could possibly be is crazy!

So yah....that's been something that's been on my mind. 

Until you next find these words; 
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment