Thursday, September 29, 2022

More Tomatoes

So. There I was. Checking out at the grocery store after gathering all my groceries.

I was doing the final payment, when I took the opportunity to glance at my phone and saw I had a message.

A message from my roomie.

Asking if I could grab some tomatoes for her.

Which on the one hand. I had told her to text me if she thought of anything she needed while I was out shopping. Though the timing was rather....bad....in that I'd just finished paying for my groceries....but not unexpected.

No. The odd thing was that....I was so confused as to why she would need tomatoes.

Like I knew perfectly well we had a nice big bowl of tomatoes in the kitchen from the Garden. I had literally been thinking minutes earlier as I was going through all the produce that at least I wouldn't have to buy tomatoes because we had plenty at home.

So why in the world would she want me to grab her a 'big bag' of tomatoes?

Like...there literally weren't any 'big bags' of tomatoes at the store. It was all little cherry tomatoes or like a bushel of 4 tomatoes.

But there certainly wasn't the FIVE POUNDS of tomatoes there that she was wanting.

Wanting because she was making some tomato sauce....but only had half of the tomatoes needed for it. *exhales*

I probably could have said "Sorry they don't have that many" as the 'bulk' section only had small things but then I saw these nice two towers of single tomatoes where you could pick them out one by one and bag them.

And the roomie was liek "Yes! Those! Get my 5 lbs of Romas Please."

*shakes head*

For those curious. 5lbs of Romas was around 25 tomatoes. As I had the fun task of weighing them. So yay for using a device in the grocery store that I basically never use but was aware of lol. 

But yah. It was that nice awkward moment of dragging my cart full of already paid for groceries around the store as I gathered the tomatoes and then had to go back through checkout to pay for them.

At least no one stopped me. Heh. I was halfway expected to be accused of trying to steal. But nope. It didn't happen. I was able to get in and out just fine. So yay for that.

Until you next find these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment