Wednesday, September 21, 2022

Ghost Town

 So work....work was weirdly like a ghost town today.

Seriously. After like 3 years of near constant chaos due to the pandemic....today was like...deader than dead in the store.

Like I'm pretty sure we never had more than like a dozen people in the store at one time at all while I was working.

Which. Not surprising for the morning.

But the EVENING?! Like no. That's just weird.

But it's true. The entire evening we barely had any customers in the store. Like we did have a few mini rushes where suddenly there were 6 people in line and we needed a back up cashier for 15 minutes or so.

But like.....it was quiet today.

So quiet.

And it may have been partially due to the wind and heavy rain and thunder/lightning storms we had earlier today.

But like....the weather became less doom and gloom like two hours after I got to work.

It was like....Game Day dead without the pre-game rush that usually seems to occur when there's football or something going on.

Which considering it's a Wednesday night....I don't think football is played then....??? Who knows. I don't pay attention to sports like at all.

In any case.

It was soooo quiet today at work and it weirded me out a ton.

I just kept expecting us to get flooded with a mob of people and it just...never happened.

It was truly a blue moon experience as I highly doubt we'll have any more dead days once we hit October and the holiday season gets into full swing.

But we'll see.

Until you next find these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment