Thursday, September 22, 2022

Back in the Chair Again

 One of the dreams I hate to have is the one where there's something wrong with your teeth. Like the dreams where one cracks, or one falls out, or multiple fall out....those sort of dreams. 

And they used to really stress me out.

Key word. Used to. 

I mean. They still kinda stress me out. Those dreams where my teeth fall out.

But at the same time I've kinda reached this point of apathy? Like. Oh no. I've lost some teeth. Guess I'll have to get to the dentist to get that fixed. It's just all....pointless really. (Though I am still relieved to wake up and realize that my teeth are fine and I don't have to go to the dentist)

And I don't know if it's just because I've had the dream often enough for it to no longer be super stressful for me....or if I've had enough 'problems' with my teeth in real life that when something does go wrong with my teeth in the dream I'm like "Whelp. I knew this would happen eventually." Sort of thought process.

Who knows.

In any case.

I've been having actual real life issues with my teeth recently. Nothing crazy. Just like....fillings failing and such. 

But like it's getting annoying because the past...3 months? 4 months? I'm not sure. But it feels like at least once a month I've had to call up the dentist and be like "Heeeeyyyyy. I need to come in." Because I've had a filling break or get loose, or a sudden rough patch show up. 

And it's annoying because like my routine hasn't changed....so like why now? Why the constant teeth problems?

I'm guessing it's just stress is getting to me or something. I mean I hold a lot of tension in my shoulders and neck and that has often radiated to my jaw and sinuses causing some aching in my mouth and such.

So like....stress based issues? Maybe I'm just tense in general and clenching my teeth in my sleep or something?

Who knows.

In any case.

I had to go to the dentist again today.

Because tooth Ten is being a dramatic drama queen and causing me problems.

Like....a tiny piece chipped off (on the side where 9 is) so I went in to get that smoothed out/ built up so my tongue would stop playing with it and the dentist warned me that because it was such a tiny area on a biting surface chances are high that piece wouldn't 'stick' and would 'get lost' at some point. And I was like *salutes* Okay.

Only to have like the other side of that same tooth by 11 ended up with this rough patch where a filling had some sort of issues....and when the dentist went in to fix that discovered that both 10 and 11 had slight cavities underneath the old fillings that needed to be fixed. 

So I was like. Cool fixed that up.

Only to have the tiny piece on 10 that I originally fix vanish a like...two weeksish ago? And I was like "Whelp. Dentist said that would happen. And it's not too rough right now. I won't worry about getting that fixed again, though maybe I'll have him smooth it out when I go in for my cleaning in a couple of months."

Only two nights ago as I was flossing that area as it was a bit rough....the floss caught, not in the gap between 9 and 10 but in a tiny fissure on tooth ten and as I tried to figure out what was going on....noticed that a tiny piece of the tooth -aka a filling-- was wiggling. 

And like. That's not good. And I didn't want to accidentally make it worse as messing a little bit with it I could feel pressure on the tooth which could probably cause problems if I bite into something wrong and it catches wrong on the failed filling and suddenly I don't have a tooth any more. (dramatic I know but remember I have dreams where this has happened so it's plausible to my brain) 

So yah.

I had to go back in to the dentist today to get that looked at and I figured while I was in there I would also have the dentist look at tooth 5 because near the gum line on the cheek side I could see a ...divit of sorts right along that edge. (that appeared like 3 days after the last dentist visit where we fixed teeth 10 & 11) And like it wasn't painful. Just a slight rough patch my tongue (and sometimes cheek) could feel. But if I was already going in to get the more major issue fixed on 10, I figured why not kill 2 birds with one stone and get tooth 5 fixed as well.

And tooth 5 was definitely an easy fix. I mean. It's never fun to get my upper lips numbed up to the point where my nose feels numb. But 5 was an easy fix. 

And 10....10 was also a pretty easy fix, with the slight exception that the dentist was like "Oh there's some decay under this old filling" so you know, had to get that out before properly fixing said filling. 

But overall....it was a quick fix. No issues and my mouth feels a ton better now than it has been.....

With the exception of the points where the needles got stuck into my gums. Because OW those impact points still hurt...and in typical fashion will probably hurt or a couple more days because it's a rare time when the numbing needles don't end up hurting my mouth in some way. *exhales*

But overall. My mouth feels a lot better than it has. Though my tongue is rather confused to not have any rough surfaces to play with so it keeps going over the smooth spots now. 

In any case....

I really hope this is the last 'fix it' dentist appointment I have to deal with this year.

Like. I do have a cleaning scheduled in December at some point.

But I really hope that they don't find anything there and nothing goes wrong in the meantime.

*fingers crossed*

Until you next find these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment