Saturday, September 24, 2022

The Irritating Waiting Game

 It was supposed to be a calm chill evening at home. 

An evening I was looking forward to because it's one of the more rare occasions where the roomies are out of the house and I get the place to myself for a bit.

And to make it even better. I was able to get out of work early as scheduling made it difficult to take my lunch break and still have coverage, so I opted to leave early instead of trying to finagle a break while we were busy with Saturday customers. 

-Which side note. Why do customers keep commenting that "It's rather busy today?" on a Saturday. Like It's a SATURDAY. That has to be the busiest day of the week. That's when all the customers come out. So like....Why are you commenting on it being busy (and it wasn't even that busy at the time) when it's NORMAL for a Saturday? Do you not shop saturdays or what?

In any case. 

I got off work early and was looking forward to some nice quiet alone time at home.

Only.

I wasn't alone when I got home.

No. Apparently -and my roommate neglected to tell me of this- but her mom (this is the roomie who owns the house and her mom often drops by to do various house maintenance things) had decided today was the perfect Saturday to....I don't know....Winter Prep the outside? 

Who knows. I mean it makes sense. If she knew all of us were going to be gone for most of the day, she's less likely to cause issues or noise irritations when there's no one here to experience said noise irritations.

*exhales*

And since I'm sensitive to noise.....seeing her doing all sorts of mowing and trimming and power washing and reseeding and wood chopping and such.....made it quite clear that my quiet thought of "Hey I could take a nice nap" when I got home was a totally null and void idea.

Because a) noise makes it hard to relax and b) since she now knew I was home there was a chance that she might need something from me and therefore I couldn't really just vanish into my room because I didn't want her knocking on my door and waking me up. So I kinda had to hang out in public spaces just in case.

Which granted. I probably could have just hid in my room and called it good. But yah....I really didn't want to try and sleep when I knew she was wandering about.

In any case. I figured I'd just chill and do internet things for a bit.

Only....while she was powerwashing the house (because she was totally powerwashing the house) she accidentally soaked one of the outdoor outlets.

And said outdoor outlet -which wasn't really meant to be an outdoor outlet but whoever designed and put together this place was NOT skilled at all at their job- is connected to the same....idk circuit? breaker? whatever. It's connected to the same electrical outlet as the Internet connection. Said internet box connection also being in a weird spot that makes no sense for internet boxes to be.

In any case.

A soaked outlet outside meant that it kicked off the breaker. And the little red button you have to press on the inside outlet above the internet box....refused to turn back on.

Becaue the outside outlet was wet.

So I ended up being without internet and without a nap for a while while she and I tried to figure out how to get everything working. -It involved a hair dryer and a good 15 minutes of aiming it at the wet socket.

But internet came back eventually!

But I still couldn't really just chill and take a nap. Because the mom was still doing yard stuff and usually when she comes by she's here until after dark but who knows how long she'd actually be there for.

So it was just the stupid wait and see game of hoping that the mom would be done before sunset so I could then go take a nap. 

Which she was!!!

Only. As I was finishing a thing I was in the middle of -20 minutes later- I look over and realized that the mom had left her purse behind.

So I dutifully texted my roomie to tell her to tell her mom that her purse was still here.

And my roomie was like "Oh! My Dad will come get it!" 

So I was like "Okay. That means he should be here in the next hour or so" Right?

Wrong.

TWO HOURS PASS with me just waiting for the dad to show up so I could hand off the purse and go take a nap or maybe a shower as I also wanted to do that too. 

And like an hourish in I texted the roomie and was like "Soooo where is he? I kinda want to take a shower and I can't really do that if he's going to be dropping by soon." 

And once again. The roomie neglected to add in the FIRST text when she said her dad would come get the purse that he was planning to do so AFTER the football game.

Because apparently there's a game on tonight and he's going to it.

And said games never end until around MIDNIGHT. 

So like *throws hands up in air* I could have spent a good two or three hours TAKING A NAP or TAKING A SHOWER but Noooooooooo. I was just stuck in the stupid limbo of WAITING for the father to show up 'at some point' 

Because again. I was the only one HOME to let him into the house.

LIKE AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh

I nearly just stuck the purse inbetween the screen door and the front door and been like "I stuck it Here, roomie. Tell your dad that's where it is I'm going to bed." 

But I was NICE and didn't.

I did go take a shower and such.

But I figured my roomie would be home BEFORE midnight because her thing ended at 9 and I figured with traffic and such she'd be home around like 11. Maybe 1130 at the latest. And then I could pass off the purse to her to give to her dad and call it night.

Is she home yet? 

NO. She texted like 

And at this point her dad is more likely going to arrive before she does by like a good half hour 45 minutes. 

Of course that's IF the dad just doesn't space (like men tend to do) the need to go pick up the purse which with how today has gone it wouldn't surprise me in the latest if he forgets and then I would have stayed up for NOTHING.

Because the irritation of having to wait for the mom to leave and then wait for the dad to show up and the roomie to come has just triggered a general migraine headache that is not putting me in any good moods at all.

Whatever the case. Whoever gets here first. Roomie or The Dad I'm heading to bed right after because I am done. 

So done with today.

My social battery has depleted past empty and my power charger is broken because I haven't been able to RELAX at all today due to the STUPID WAITING GAME.

Next time.

NEXT TIME

I'm leaving the purse in the door and locking myself in my room and not coming out until morning.

Until you next find these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment