Tuesday, September 20, 2022

Hero or Villian?

 You know...it's crazy how you can be the devil and the angel in people's lives.

Like. To one person you're a total angel. Saved the say etc etc. 

And to another, you're like the devil incarnate. The one who ruined it all.

All within the span of a couple of hours. 

*shakes head*

We had a customer come into the store today. Who stated that they'd purchased an automatic litter box from us "months" ago. But it randomly broke today. So they came in to get a replacement and to basically return the broken one and get a new one. 
The bad news? My cashier tried to look up the receipt and couldn't find it on any transactions within the last 60 days. 
As we only keep records for 60 days. And we only have a return policy for 60 days. 

And the customer confirmed that they'd bought the litter box "months" ago. Aka Over the 60 days. 
Who knows how long "months" is anyways. Like....was it 6 months? 1 Year? Who knows.

In any case.

I couldn't return a $200 litter box...without proof that it was purchased from our store. Especially since there was no receipt. No box. Nothing to help pinpoint when this had been bought or where it had come from.

And the dude was not happy with me about that.

Which I get it. Spend $200 you expect it to last for like 10 years. Not "months."

And I told him that he could reach out to the manufacteror and see if they had a longer warranty on the product because again, my store only has a 60 day return policy.

But in the meantime I did offer to give the dude $30 off of his purchase.

As our D.M. has been hounding us on "taking care of the customer" and "doing whatever we can to make the customer happy." 

And like. If I was being a goodie goodie I probably could have just returned the litter box and exchanged it out for a new one.

But like....That's $200. That's a lot of money to switch out with no receipt and we usually don't do that for high dollar items because those can easily be theft items. (not usually with litter boxes but who knows the dude could have pulled it from the trash. People do crazy things to get money.) 

In any case. I figured I could give the dude $30 off the litter box. Taking the price down a little bit to "soften" the blow.

He still didn't seem happy about the whole situation. But he did end up taking my offer and buying the litter box. 

Soooo win win? In a way? Because like. Yes, I was the bad guy in that I didn't just exchange out the old product for a new product....but like I did try and soften the blow by helping him spend less money? *shrugs*

On the other hand.

Like 15 minutes before close we had a customer and their dog come into the store. 
And like I didn't get the entire story but apparently the dog has anxiety?? and basically tore apart the customer's apartment while they were out. Shredding carpet and curtains and such. 

And so they'd hurried and placed an online order for a dog crate for pick up and driven right over to the store to get it. 

Which....is kinda silly because the website tells you that it can take up to 3 hours for an order to be ready. 
And like it can take up to half an hour for an order to show up in our system in the first place.

So like....it's not a good idea to place an order and drive right over when said order may not have even reached us yet. 

*shakes head*

In any case.

The customer found a groomer who found me who wanted to know if their order was ready.

And like. The customer was lucky. Because in the last hour that we're open....we don't always make it a priority to pick orders that come in at that time because odds are the customer won't show up until the next day anyways and in the last hour we're trying to close down the store and get the customers all out as quickly as possible.

But luckily for the customer. I had a long enough down moment that I had managed to pick the order and place it up front before they showed up.

And they were so excited that it was ready.

Because this customer was like...literally in tears and shaking from all the ..... idk stress?? drama? Who knows.

But I got to be their 'rescuerer' in that I had their crate ready for them to just grab.

So yay me for being on top of things lol. 

So yah.

So weird to kinda be both the good guy and the bad guy in various people's lives.

Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment