Saturday, January 7, 2023

A Difficult Day

 Towards the end of last year, (so like a weekish ago), I ended up with a major migraine. One that kept me up all night so that I barely got any sleep.

And it was a day where....like everything conspired against me.

Like I had seriously considered calling out sick at oh...3ish am?? But then was like "Nah, I'll rest a bit longer." and by the time my morning shift rolled around I was actually feeling alright enough to go into work.

But I was thinking that maybe I would leave early so long as we had the coverage for me to do so.

We did not have the coverage to do so.

Why?

Because the mid manager who was supposed to come in. Called out sick. 

That's fine. I wouldn't be able to leave before noon. I could handle that. But my closing manager would be in a couple of hours later. It would mean I would only be leaving an hour early, but hey, at least it was an hour earlier than my entire shift.

*exhales*

But then closing manager called and was like "Hey, I need to come in a couple of hours late."

Which Head Manager was like "Fine."

And I was just....mentally collapsing in a puddle of tears because that meant that the closing manager would come in around half an hour AFTER my regularly scheduled shift ended.

But hey! Perhaps we could contact the closing petcare person and have them come in an hour early instead.

Nope. Denied. 

Petcare person never responded (because they were sleeping and didn't get the message until it was too late) 

AND THEN.

To top it off I was like "Okay, well I can just leave at 3 when I'm off." Because we'd have a couple of cashiers at that point and the Head Manager would still be there and it would be fine even though my closing petcare person has had a bad habit of being 10-20 minutes late to their shift.

But hey it was a 10-20 minute gap that would be fine. No issue right?

Wrong.

2:55 hits and we get a crazy rush at the fish wall.

Aka like 8 different people decide they all need my help.

Which meant when all was said and done...I ended up clocking out TWENTY-FIVE MINUTES LATE.

To say I was in tears by the end of my shift is an understatement.

Because my migraine had come back full force and I just wanted to go home and die in bed and I was DENIED AT EVERY TURN.

It was soooo frustrating.

And to top off that night....

Just after 11pm.

I received a random text.

Where it was like "Hey did you just try to purchase over a $100 of food from this pizza place witih your credit card? If yes respond with yes. If no, please contact this number." 

And I was like. O_o 

Because....I hadn't used my credit card since before Christmas. So obviously No, I hadn't tried to buy pizza.

But like....I wasn't just going to respond to this random text either. Because like it could be a scam.

So I did the smart thing and used a different device to log into my bank account to check and see if I had any activity there.

Only to be confronted with a message saying that "Your card has temporarily been restricted. Please call this number."

Okay.

So a legit text then. 

So I call the number provided on the banking website (not the text number because I was still slightly suspicious) 

And yah.

Turns out. Someone tried to use my credit information to buy pizza...in CALIFORNIA.

*exhales* 

I literally have no idea how this person even got my information.

Because it had been like over a week since I'd last used my card. 

And I still had my card WITH ME.

So like...either one of the places online where I'd put in my credit information had ended up compromised.

Or else someone had one of those stupid electronic reader things that can just get your information from you if they're standing within range of your wallet. 

*shakes head* I'll probably never know who or why or how they managed to get my information.

But I'm grateful for the quick response from my bank who was quick to flag the transaction as suspicious and deny the person their pizza party. 

Still left me slightly stressed out though for the past weekish.

Just because I don't like not having access to things. And while I don't use my credit card often. I do like having the option to use it. So to not have it...yah it wasn't a horrible thing, but it was a slightly stressful thing. And just what I didn't need after dealing with a migraine for over 24 hours.

*shakes head*

Still. Glad I was able to get it all quickly sorted.

Until you next find these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment