Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Too Much Leading

 You know ... ... It was probably too much to expect that after working like crazy to get some of our product from our truck out onto the floor yesterday ... ... that I wouldn't need to be doing any stocking related tasks today beyond facing the store.

*exhales*

Should have known better. 

Like I get that our stocking manager is out on vaca currently so like things aren't getting done as quickly when it comes to the truck ... especially when they keep sending us too much of certain product so we have to hunt down places to put all the extra stuff. 

And honestly I probably wouldn't have minded freight in general as it gives me something to do to help the time pass. 

But at the same time....due to shifting schedules with the new year. There was also a gap between the morning managers leaving and the closing manager coming in. 

A nice little four hour gap of me being the only manager on duty.

Which I do not like.

Like I am used to it. At night. When the store is closing in a couple of hours. I expect the alone time there. Plus things are less likely to go wrong at night.

Today though, I was by myself in the middle of the day. Where anything and everything could happen. And I don't like being the only one in charge like that.

Like overall it's fine.

But when I was basically the only one in charge yesterday -as I felt like I was trying to do everything so my sick manager wouldn't have to do much of anything-- having to basically be in charge AGAIN for like 4 hours....left me tired. 

Honestly it was even before the morning crew left that it felt like I was the only manager in charge.

And I know I signed up for leadership duty. I'm well used to being a leader.

But I've been woefully underprepared to have to expend that particular amount of energy to "being in charge" and being the "go getter." 

So it's left me exhausted and just a bit grumpy.

*exhales*

Thankfully yesterday and today were my only 'manager' shifts and the rest of the week I'm just to focus on petcare.

Because if I had to do another day of work of being the "leader" i might have just sat in a corner and cried instead. 

Definitely not up to being in charge this week anymore. Nope. Nope.

Until you next find these words;
I'll be watching the leaves.
Enjoy the day!

-Sarnic Dirchi


No comments:

Post a Comment